Identify -> Replace existing images taking a long time, any clues on how to diagnose?

JohnnyKonami

JohnnyKonami

Hello everyone,

I'm running emby-server from a TrueNAS jail.  I love it so far.  One thing I'd like to do is be able to replace the stock media thumbnails, I find that the thing that makes the most sense to me to do (and please let me know if there's a better way) is to go to identify, type in the title, and choose the thumbnail I want.

For example, I ripped my "How The Grinch Stole Christmas!" Blu-ray, which is the 1960's Chuck Jones animated version.  But the thumbnail defaulted to the Jim Carrey version that came out in 2000.

When I go to identify and replace the images after selecting the one that I want, I find that I am waiting for a very a long time (with the rainbow spinner animation), sometimes indefinitely.

After several minutes have gone by, sometimes I get lucky and find that the thumbnail updated.  But it's hit or miss when the change has taken place.  I might try to monitor the last updated time on the file in the shell.

I work with linux systems for my job, and I'm pretty handy with the shell.  I don't mind log diving.  However, the emby server log didn't seem to give me anything about this operation (I haven't tried enabling debug logs yet, I should try that next).  Where should I look to figure out what's wrong here?  Attaching a screenshot of where I'm talking about.  I appreciate any help and appreciate the work put into emby.

Thanks!

Screenshot_2021-04-07 Emby.png

Happy2Play

Please post a server log.  But this movies has been reported a couple times in other topic.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...