Android Auto Music Bugs/Features

EmbyDad

EmbyDad

Hello, I understand there are improvements being made to Android Auto and it's still relatively new in it's implementation. I would like to share some music related experiences I've had thus far just in case they are unknown issues, as well as a couple features I'd like to see in the future.

I like to shuffle my entire music library. To do this now, I open the app on my phone while connected to an AA head unit. Long press the music library and select shuffle. This works well enough (until it doesn't, more later) but I'd like to be able to shuffle the library from the AA interface instead.

I have AA set to continue playing after reconnecting. This is where things get messy. There's 3 different bugs that can occur or, it can work just fine and I have no idea what causes what.

The first is that it will resume playback but forget it's shuffling the library. It continues playback then plays the next songs from whichever artist/album was last playing.

The second is it will continue playback and shuffling but, skipping tracks becomes unresponsive. I can't skip tracks on the AA interface or the app. Press the button, nothing happens.

The third is when I try to correct one of the previous issues and shuffle from the app, just nothing happens. Sometimes i can force close the app, and sometimes I have to disconnect from AA and try again. It can be a bit frustrating.

Besides being able to shuffle my entire library, I'd also like to be able to favorite a song.

Thanks for your time!

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to work on improving Android Auto support. We will look into these.

• 4 weeks later...
EmbyDad

Amazing, all the features I was looking for (and more) are in the latest version!

With my limited usage thus far, it seems the bugs with resume playback are gone as well.

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmbyDad said:

Amazing, all the features I was looking for (and more) are in the latest version!

With my limited usage thus far, it seems the bugs with resume playback are gone as well.

Thank you!

Glad you're enjoying. Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
EmbyDad

Got a new problem since updating server to 4.6.1.0. I noticed on Android Auto most tracks are now displaying the album title where the artist used to be. Even when shuffling all music.

I then navigated through AA to pick an album then play all. It then plays each track twice. Once showing the album, then once showing the artist. Also, the tracks play in alphabetical order instead of album order.

Very strange because I can't find any evidence of this behavior in the Android app directly.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:32 PM, EmbyDad said:

Got a new problem since updating server to 4.6.1.0. I noticed on Android Auto most tracks are now displaying the album title where the artist used to be. Even when shuffling all music.

I then navigated through AA to pick an album then play all. It then plays each track twice. Once showing the album, then once showing the artist. Also, the tracks play in alphabetical order instead of album order.

Very strange because I can't find any evidence of this behavior in the Android app directly.

Hi @EmbyDad, please try updating to 4.6.2 once available for your platform and then run a library scan. Thanks.