Emby Theater fork fully working on Mac

thura10

Hi, thanks for sharing. Are you running an older version of MacOS? Because we do have an app in the store now if you have Catalina.

thura10
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, thanks for sharing. Are you running an older version of MacOS? Because we do have an app in the store now if you have Catalina.

When i last tried the app, the keyboard controls weren't working for playback and it kinda had a mobile layout for the video osd. And I just started using emby again recently so i just wanted an alternative.

Then I saw the emby theater for linux was updated with a new playback method that could also work for mac and I was bored yesterday so figured why not?

mrfragger

Yes I think the Mac Theater app works great on Catalina. My only complaint is lack of being able to use two finger swipe on magic pad to navigate back. Don’t think I’d end up using the keyboard but that’d be nice if possible. 

So when I want to quickly navigate I have to pull up safari to show people content otherwise it takes like 3 times as long. Scrolling to the top and to the left side and then navigating to the and clicking the back arrow. Just not practical. 

Edited by mrfragger

• 1 month later...
hexinzhe

Very nice, but I found some problem, that is libmpv can't read from local config ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf.

Can you fix it?

• 1 year later...
sundevil67

From what I can tell, it looks like the browser-based version inside a mac app. What is the advantage of this over the web version?