Issue with my RAM

roberto188

roberto188

So my house has been flooded with Roku‘s and has been using the Emby app for a couple years pretty flawlessly for the most part. I took a chance and bought a fire TV stick 4K. At first blush the speed scrolling through the guide and the menus in the Emby app was a pure delight. Even how quickly the live TV stream started was amazing. However after watching for about 10 to 15 or 20 minutes the audio and video starts to go out of sync and the video starts to stutter very badly. I’ve tried using the internal player to the Emby app and the external player VLC. The only thing that fixes the issue is to restart the entire fire TV stick. Also when I select the options for a bit rate of 10 Mb so that the 20+ megabit TV streams will transcode the server completely ignores it. I’m running the latest Windows server. 

11 hours ago, roberto188 said:

I’ve tried using the internal player to the Emby app and the external player VLC

So, the exact same problem is happening with both of those?

roberto188

Yes. It leads me to believe it’s just a shortcoming with the Fire TV stick 4K. But I am curious as to why the server ignores the options to limit the bitrate and continues to direct play live TV even when I uncheck the box. Anyone else have these playback issues on a fire tv stick? 

4 hours ago, roberto188 said:

But I am curious as to why the server ignores the options to limit the bitrate and continues to direct play live TV

Why do you think that is happening?  What bitrate limit did you set and what bitrate was the stream?

roberto188

Unchecked the box to “allow direct play” set bitrate to 10mbits. The TV station is 20 MBits. When I went to stats for nerds it shows it direct playing. When I check the server it said the same. 

13 hours ago, roberto188 said:

Unchecked the box to “allow direct play” set bitrate to 10mbits. The TV station is 20 MBits. When I went to stats for nerds it shows it direct playing. When I check the server it said the same. 

Can we please see the ffmpeg log from that playback? and/or a log from the app?

Thanks.

roberto188

Yes. I’ll test a bit more. Next time it does it I’ll pull the logs. Enabled debugging mode. 

roberto188

Alright so two nights in a row it’s played flawlessly. Must have been something on the server side. 

roberto188

Yup good to go it’s been a solid week without any issue. I had a bad ram set on the server PC that was causing issues I pulled it out and now everything is fine. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time.  

Edited by roberto188
  • Thanks 1