Clear Old Live TV Data

specsnow
Go to solution Solved by specsnow,

specsnow

Hello,

I had an M3U tuner configured for a few months. I removed it and the matching XMLTV EPG source and tried adding a new one. The channels for the old M3U still show in the Live TV guide, and the EPG is blank even after a few refreshes. I left it alone for a few days hoping it would just work itself out and it didn't. I read in a few similar topics that I should remove both the M3U tuner and the EPG source and then do a refresh and that should clear out the old data. I tried that, and many combinations of server reboots and nothing seems to work. 

In case you need to know, I'm running Emby 4.5.4.0 on FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p2. 

How do I clear any existing Live TV data from the database so I can start over fresh? I'm hoping I don't have to do a whole reinstall or library rebuild... 

Thanks!

TheBeardedOne

Hi,

I've had a similar issue.

I added some groups and channels to my M3U and hoped that, becuase i was using the URL rather than a file, it would automatically update. It didn''t. So I removed the M3U tuner and associated EPG and re-added them, using the same URL. Only the original channels were displayed, none of the new groups or channels appeared.

I removed the M3U tuner again and this time added it in using a downloaded M3U file but got the same result. No new channels or groups, only the ones that were originally added.

Is this by design, or is it a bug?

Let me know if you want any logs. Happy to test if you have any ideas.

Thanks

TBO

If you would like we can do a remote session and I can try and help you out with this.

Just send me a PM if you would like to do this today or schedule it for basically any time.

Carlo

On 4/6/2021 at 9:02 AM, TheBeardedOne said:

Hi,

I've had a similar issue.

I added some groups and channels to my M3U and hoped that, becuase i was using the URL rather than a file, it would automatically update. It didn''t. So I removed the M3U tuner and associated EPG and re-added them, using the same URL. Only the original channels were displayed, none of the new groups or channels appeared.

I removed the M3U tuner again and this time added it in using a downloaded M3U file but got the same result. No new channels or groups, only the ones that were originally added.

Is this by design, or is it a bug?

Let me know if you want any logs. Happy to test if you have any ideas.

Thanks

TBO

Re: 

Spaceboy

i recently made some changes to channels in xteve and could not get emby to pick them all up. emby retained the channel groups of the old channels for a number. the only thing i could do was to completely remove the m3u and xmltv file, refresh the guide to clear it all out and add them back again.

the good thing about using xteve is that none of my series recordings were disrupted. when i have previously done that through a manually built m3u i have had to re-setup all series recordings

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
specsnow

Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to finally get this working correctly a few weeks ago but forgot to update this thread. Not sure if my solution will work for everyone, but it worked for me. 

During all my troubleshooting, I tried creating a blank M3U file and XMLTV file to just plop into Emby hoping that would force it to clear all it's cached data. AWhen I tried that, I used local files and they didn't work. For the sake of trying everything, I uploaded my blank files to a web server and gave Emby a URL instead of a local filesystem file. To my surprise, that did the trick. All the old guide data disappeared instantly. I then removed the URL for the blank files and re-added the M3U and XMLTV links I was trying originally and they worked perfectly. 

Hope this helps anyone else having this issue. 

Glad you got it working.  Thanks for the update.