Emby cant play any files, but plex can?

tim02hjort

tim02hjort

System information

Plugin: Latest Emby Plugin

RAM: 16GB

Source Mount Point: /mnt/freenas-2-pool-1/embyshare/Filmer

Destination Mount Point: /mnt/freenas-2-pool-1/iocage/jails/emby-server-stable/root/mnt/Tv-shows

Problem

As the title sums the problem up, the problem that I currently have is that when I try to play any kind of file from emby within the browser, not a single file can be played. When I try to do the same thing on plex there is not a single problem, everything just works as it is supposed to be. 

Here is the error that I recieve everytime- No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Since it works on plex, and I can play it directly by browsing to the files via windows, it should be a permission problem, or am I wrong by saying that?

Ofc, I will paste all the logs in this ticket/topic.

I am grateful for any advice or tips, to what can possibly help solve this problem!

hardware_detection-63753143658.txt ffmpeg-transcode-680c7638-5b0c-4203-8ec0-ce3900acd155_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9d6d971f-35db-482b-b02e-1e02420946a8_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-0ae43d32-0f3c-4129-82a8-83b7b7797864_1.txt

Baenwort

@Luke So this is another person for whom just listing the emby package in the plugin json results in a failure to install a working version of ffmpeg in the jail. 

Can you please advise if I need to re-add the ffmpeg package to the jail creation as it seems like just installing the emby package isn't pulling everything it needs.

tim02hjort
5 minutes ago, Baenwort said:

Which Emby plug in are you using?

Hey,

If you are refering to the unstable or the plugin that is marked with stable, then it is the one that is marked with "stable"

image.thumb.png.a7944919146960d770a1363a3e0df2be.png

Baenwort

That was what I was asking. There has been a back and forth here about having ffmpeg as a separate pkg in the jail plugin .json and if you go into the jail shell at run "pkg install ffmpeg" and restart emby with a "service emby-server restart" and let me know if that fixes it.

People seem to have it work fine when they install ffmpeg from pkg but I am being told that installing emby-server should pull it automatically but it doesn't seem to be doing so.

• Agree 1

tim02hjort
3 minutes ago, Baenwort said:

That was what I was asking. There has been a back and forth here about having ffmpeg as a separate pkg in the jail plugin .json and if you go into the jail shell at run "pkg install ffmpeg" and restart emby with a "service emby-server restart" and let me know if that fixes it.

People seem to have it work fine when they install ffmpeg from pkg but I am being told that installing emby-server should pull it automatically but it doesn't seem to be doing so.

Hey again,

I just want to say thank you very much...

Everything seems to be working now after doing the "pkg install ffmpeg" 

Thanks again for the quick support!

MRobi
On 04/04/2021 at 12:05, Baenwort said:

@Luke So this is another person for whom just listing the emby package in the plugin json results in a failure to install a working version of ffmpeg in the jail. 

Can you please advise if I need to re-add the ffmpeg package to the jail creation as it seems like just installing the emby package isn't pulling everything it needs.

My personal opinion, I'd re-add it for now until the root of the issue is figured out. And it looks like you're on the right track with the rc.d