So I come back to Emby after about 18 months

ClemFandango

6 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

I did.  I set the quality in the Emby Roku app and the server to 110mbps and the stuff did play.   Die Hard played fine and Groundhog Day also played.

The problem I've been having this afternoon though is that I've been trying to add my stuff back in to Emby in an attempt to start properly using it again and it's just making it very, very hard.    It seems like every time it scans a library, it crashes.  I've had to reboot my nas and restart emby countless times.   When I finally gain access to it again, the content is there and seems ok but it seems like any changes I make cause it to just go off and hang - or crash.

It's now doing .. something .. to my nas at the moment as I haven't been able to access it for the last ten minutes.  Although literally as I type, DSM has suddenly appeared again and I can now access the nas again.   I'm wondering if it's still populating everything in the background and I need to give it until tomorrow to just work through everything,.

If i look at the "Libraries" tab on the menu, a lot of my movie and tv libraries have clearly finished - the thumbnails of each library are there - but I have two other libraries that don't have any thumbnails at all so maybe they're the problem?

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

• Like 1

ClemFandango
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

These are the most recent logs.   And yes, there's an "art" folder in there but hey, I live on my own so it's allowed 🤣

I'm honestly on the point of uninstalling again because it's just exhausted my patience.   I've had to reboot my nas more times in the last two days than I have in the last two years and it's been running like treacle ever since I've tried Emby again, but I'll certainly be interested to see if the logs give you any clues.

embyserver-63753374532.txt embyserver-63753384531.txt hardware_detection-63753384551.txt embyserver.txt

ClemFandango

Hhhmmm ... it appears to be currently running without an issue.   I can use both the emby server on my desktop and the roku app perfectly fine.

I'm cautiously starting to update the metadata and mark things as watched, so we'll see.

Edited by ClemFandango
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
ClemFandango

I thought it would be somewhat apt to come back to this thread :)

Bought a Fire TV a few weeks ago to replace my Roku and found that the Fire TV Plex app was just horrible.   No way of setting direct play or anything like that.

So I decided to try Emby for Android again.   Got everything set up with my Synology and tweaked the playback speeds down to 80Mb/s for my 4K content.

Let's just say it's been working so well, I'm now the proud owner of an Emby Premiere Lifetime Subscription !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Let's just say it's been working so well, I'm now the proud owner of an Emby Premiere Lifetime Subscription !

Thanks for going green. You're helping us make the world a better place, one media server at a time. :)

• Like 2

ClemFandango
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Thanks for going green. You're helping us make the world a better place, one media server at a time. :)

My pleasure :)

I must confess, it still has the odd 'wobble' here and there with some of my 4K content but it's been as smooth as Barry White singing at a Caramel convention so far, so happy to go green.   Haven't got a clue what I'll do with Premiere I suppose but I'll certainly exploit it as much as I can over the coming months.

Backup Server Config plugin, Hardware transcoding, Live TV, Conversion as well as having all clients unlocked come to mind.
Check out Theater for Desktop and the new Windows version when released.