Play Queue Issues

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

So I like to shuffle through my big ol' collection of songs, casting to my Google Home's around the house.  I'd like to be able to manage my play queue a bit better since a lot of times I get songs I'm not necessarily in the mood for, things like removing songs, changing the order they play, etc.

It kinda seems like all these features are there, but it's not quite working how I expect it to.

1. I see a minus button in a circle on the play queue items (see first screenshot) but I can't click it... so if that's what the minus is intended for, I cannot remove the item from the queue.  Clicking it just seems to select the line in its entirety, like I'm moving it.  Holding it down brings up a menu of various options (including Add to Play Queue ironically) but nothing to remove it.

2. I can move the play queue items around but it seems to get weird if I do.  Notice in the first screenshot, how I moved Winter Of Our Youth and Reward above Dreaming Wide Awake... but Dreaming Wide Awake is still "Next:".  It actually does still play Dreaming Wide Awake next, and when I go to the next song, it seems to insert some other random songs previously in the list between everything.  I'm not sure what's there is actually the order it plays at that point.

EDIT: If you look at the third screenshot, I pressed next (>|) and it randomly moved All I Know and Throw It All Away (two songs on the list prior to the current song in the first screenshot) into the "current" part of the queue I was on... moving Winter of our Youth and Reward back down, and Dreaming Wide Awake randomly back immediately following Down With The Sun.  Tough situation to explain, hopefully that and the screenshots paint the picture...

3. If I minimize the app, then bring it back, it loses the play queue altogether until I manually move to the next or previous song (see second screenshot).

I have a Pixel 3 with the latest Emby app from the Play Store (3.1.80), and I'm on server version 4.5.4.0.

Thanks for any time/help.

Screenshot_20210403-135332.png

Screenshot_20210403-135245.png

Screenshot_20210403-140232.png

Edited by Dreakon13

Hi, holding it down brings up the context menu. Did you try just tapping the minus button?

Dreakon13
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, holding it down brings up the context menu. Did you try just tapping the minus button?

Tapping didn't do anything in particular. It does highlight the minus with green, but didn't remove the item and acted for that split second visually as it would if I were beginning to move/reorder it.

Almost like the gesture to move it in the queue is overriding what the button is supposed to do, ie. app having trouble with the difference between a tap and the initial finger press I'd do to select the line to move it. Though I assure you I am just tapping the button, no extra movement, in the same way I'm tapping "Submit Reply" with my finger on this forum.

Edited by Dreakon13

That's odd. I have a pixel 5 and pixel first generation for testing and I'm able to tap the minus button. I'll try to chase it down. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Dreakon13

If it helps, apparently I cannot single tap the line at all. Not sure if that was always the case, just noticed it now. When I tap anywhere, it just visually looks like it wants to move the line item. I guess I'd expect a single tap anywhere but the minus button to jump the queue to that item and play it.

Maybe as a failsafe for the occasional quirky issue, the holding down context menu could include some play queue specific items like Play From Queue (the Play item currently there clears the queue) and Remove From Queue?

Edit: To add to the mystery, if I tap really fast on the left side of the queue line item, it skips back 10 seconds on the currently playing song. If I tap really fast on the right side of the queue item, it skips forward 10 seconds. Like I'm using the skip buttons near the top.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.1.92 has been pushed to the store with improvements related to this. Thanks for the feedback.