Cant play bdmw

skank
Go to solution Solved by skank,

skank
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

You can't really stream a folder structure through the server, so this is something would have to be played just by passing the folder path into the Kodi player.

Thanks for responding mate, so this didnt work either with the old emby for kodi? (im beginning to doubt now)

Anyway, with the next gen addon, is this possible what luke says? Quickmic can you do that?

quickmic

The Emby server loads the index.bdmv file in the DB and therefore also reports this file to next-gen (and the old plugin). I haven't tested plugin in native mode, but the only difference would be the index.bdmv will be loaded in Kodi DB via native filepath.

If Kodi can deal with a index.bdmv, there is probably a chance it could work. However, please perform tests yourself, or you have to wait. Frankly this edge case has very low priority and if I should do all the testing here, it will be queued.

• Like 1

The Emby server loads the index.bdmv file in the DB

Normally we don't, it's just the path to the folder and we don't do any examination of the contents. But I can see on the previous page a bdmv file is mentioned, so that's odd.

How was this imported into Emby Server? Is this an strm file pointing to a bdmv?

Right, so when the folder is imported directly into emby server, the path that comes out of the api will be the main bluray folder path and not the bdmv.

There is no support for streaming this through the API, or rather, it's highly experimental, so if Kodi can just play the folder directly, you're better off doing that. The only time you'd want to stream it through the server is if there is no direct access to the folder path, like on a remote connection for example.

skank

@quickmic if you want me to test something just yell

I tried native mode too , but that didnt work either

So Luke, what is the propsed solution then?

1 hour ago, skank said:

@quickmic if you want me to test something just yell

I tried native mode too , but that didnt work either

So Luke, what is the propsed solution then?

It is what I mentioned above.

quickmic
22 hours ago, skank said:

Yeah and how do i do that?

As mention, it's on my list but not too high priority. It takes some research....

You also mentioned it works with 4.x, so keep that version for now till I have a solution.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
quickmic

Yes, one problem was the Kodi 19. with Kodi 19.1 it's solved, unfortunatly there is another bug in the plugin. It will be fixed in next update, I'll let you know. Shouldn't take too long.

• Solution
skank
On 5/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, quickmic said:

Please try this version:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.8-build 23 (ex5).zip

A database rebuild is required to fix the issue!

Yes baby ! Great

I can confirm

Running kodi 19.1 + this build runs bdmv format !

Thanks guys !

Edit: There are slight audio hickups though, strange

But probably this has nothing to do with emby next gen (no where else audio problems) And no, its not the file..

Edited by skank
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
mbguy

If I am reading this thread correctly, it seems Emby can play BDMV folders, IF an external player like Kodi is used.

If this is true, is it possible to define some settings on Emby Server so when it comes to BDMV folders, an external player will be launched but in all other cases (ie. mkv) the built in Emby player will be used?

As far as I know, Emby only has a universal button to control playback via internal or external without specific refinements, unless I haven't found the setting yet. Feedback is appreciated.

If this is true, is it possible to define some settings on Emby Server so when it comes to BDMV folders, an external player will be launched but in all other cases (ie. mkv) the built in Emby player will be used?

This type of option is possible, but given that it's specific to individual client apps, that's really where it would belong.

• 3 months later...
quickmic
3 minutes ago, yurix67 said:

Hi guys! Does this version have a sequel?I see that the link is not working...

Please try latest beta, be aware. Beta requires a complete Kodi db resync! It wipes ALL content on Kodi!