Library Scan Failing

reperrier

reperrier

Hi There, (I posted this late last night on another thread but realized it was an old thread from over a year ago, so posting as its own now)

Yesterday, started having issues with Library Scan tasks not appearing to complete. I'll have uploaded a few new episodes of a tv show, run a library scan on the folder and it appears to start and then suddenly stop - go into the actual environment to not find the new episodes recognized. I've tried deleting files in other folders and libraries and those changes also not updating. I have restarted the system, as well as the server multiple times and same issue.

On the back end, I did see a notice saying that there was an alert from last night saying that "Scan media library failed" and when I click on the 'i' for more info, I receive the following:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.Execute(IDatabaseConnection This, ReadOnlySpan`1 sqlUtf8)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RollbackTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.CreateItems(List`1 items, BaseItem parent, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Any help or advice on what to do to get things working once again? Thanks so much for any help :)

FYI: Running Emby 4.5.4.0 MacOS Big Sur Version 11.2.2

Happy2Play

Isn't this a database failed to close properly?

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active

If you shutdown Emby how many libary.db files do you see, 1 or 3? 

Path should be  /Users/robertperrier/.config/emby-server/data

Edited by Happy2Play

reperrier

Hi Happy2Play,

I shutdown the server and went to that path and I only see 1 library.db file. Appreciate your insight and assistance.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, reperrier said:

Hi Happy2Play,

I shutdown the server and went to that path and I only see 1 library.db file. Appreciate your insight and assistance.

So there is no "library.db-shm" or "library.db-wal"?  If not then the database shutdown properly and something else is doing on with the database.

reperrier

That is correct - in the 'data' folder, this is what I find:

activitylog.db
authentication.db
channels.txt
connect.txt
device.txt
devices (folder)
displaypreferences.db
lastversion.txt
library.db
playlists (folder)
ScheduledTasks (folder)
subtitles (folder)
sync14.db
users.db
wan.dat

So, I'm online seeing the one 'library.db' file here.

Happy2Play

@reperrier how much free space does your Emby install have?  Goggle suggest full disk will cause that error also.

reperrier

@Happy2Play I'm not sure I know how to check that...can you recommend how I do that?

Presently, I have Emby installed on my Mac computer itself (it's showing me right now at least 372 GBs of available space on the hard drive). All of my Emby content is on external hard drives and all of them have 1 TB+ of free space. I have the settings so that Emby images are saved in the native folders on the external hard drives (not sure if this helps or not).

Happy2Play

Sorry not a Mac user, so will probably have to wait on Luke to comment or another Mac user.

reperrier

@Happy2Play So...just clicking around here in that path you had recommended I look at, and the root "emby-server" folder that's on my harddrive indicates 'Size: 1,532,753,276 bytes (1.64GB on disk) for 45,300 items'. But nowhere do I see an upper limit or restriction on how much room is in that folder, for example.

While trying to figure out what was going on...I actually deleted a piece of content in another folder and ran the scan library on it, and it did not update nor recognize the change. If things were full, I might expect the removal to be recognized.

reperrier
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry not a Mac user, so will probably have to wait on Luke to comment or another Mac user.

No worries - I really appreciate your help and looking into things so far!