m3u URL stop loading - error

NivX

Hi,

i have an Emby Premiere account with a personal iptv M3U URL with 1000 of channels. i was able to load it with: TV source setup > type >M3U Tuner option > add the relevant URL.

at first it works perfect, until i find out that emby didn't load all of the channels: for example, in NextPVR there was 1000 channels but in emby it was able to load only 800 for some reason (using same M3U URL for emby and NextPVR both).

i tried to refresh, and no success - same 800 channels. so i removed the URL and attempt to add it again, but now emby doesn't recognize it at all.

at first i thought my URL is wrong, but in NextPVR it's works fine with all 1000 channels.

what seems to be the problem?

the given error in emby is in the following screenshot:

image.png.da5c0624f2160edd039f08694cc9af0a.png

OK thank you, for some reason it works in NextPVR, I'll contact the tuner provider.

by the way, based on what you've seen & learn in the logs, what do you think could be the problem that from all 1000 channels from the same URL tuner that i was loaded to NextPVR, the Emby was able to load only 800 of them?

thanks

Edited by NivX

On 4/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, NivX said:

OK thank you, for some reason it works in NextPVR, I'll contact the tuner provider.

by the way, based on what you've seen & learn in the logs, what do you think could be the problem that from all 1000 channels from the same URL tuner that i was loaded to NextPVR, the Emby was able to load only 800 of them?

thanks

You might have some duplicate tvg-ids in your m3u. Currently emby server will strip out the duplicates, but we plan on providing you more control over this in future updates.

TheBeardedOne

@NivX If you're using URLs, rather than files, this can happen if the place you're downloading your M3U from has download limits. With M3U4U for instance, you can only download once every few minutes, so if you try it multiplt times it can leave you with an empty channel list and guide.

Try waiting a while then refresh, or better yet, re-add your M3U.

Hope that helps.

TBO

• Like 1