Failing to Display any content - possible Timeout?

GiGo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

GiGo

As the title states really, this problem started in Beta .34 and across all platforms, I first assumed it was my NAS box being under too much load, transfering files, downloading, extracting ZIPS etc... I did noticed that if my NAS was extracting ZIP files it stood no chance of loading at all, however even under barely any load whenever I load Emby up, beit on Web, Android, Roku I have to load it multiple times to get my content to show, I had a quick look through the logs a couple of days ago and could see a few 500 errors so I assumed it was timeing out, hence why my theory on too much load on my 1815+ however I've never had the issue before. All content fails to display, ie No Continue Watching, Latest TV Shows, Latest Movies, only the 'My Media' library icons, but not content when I click on them.

I'm currently off site for the next few weeks and the trying to keep reloading emby via a remote connection is becoming an absolute pain, my upload from the server is slow to start with but I could always get a connection when I've been off site before with no issues, other than it being a little slow (circa 3mbps).

For instance I am now trying to get the logs from the web interface and it's simply refusing to load, but I can log into my Synology web interface and browse the contents of my NAS with no issue at all, I have tried disconnecting from my web session on my synology to free up 'traffic' and it is still a persistent issue.

Hoping someone can help me here please, server log attached, I have removed my server IP address as I realise this a public forum ;) 

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by GiGo
more detail added.

• Solution

Hi, please try removing these plugins, then restart the server and see if it performs better:

Auto Organize 1.5.8.0
	CoverArt 4.1.14.0
	Douban 1.0.3.0
	Theme Songs 1.6.6.7
	TimeLordMovies 19.8.3.1105

GiGo
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try removing these plugins, then restart the server and see if it performs better:

Auto Organize 1.5.8.0
	CoverArt 4.1.14.0
	Douban 1.0.3.0
	Theme Songs 1.6.6.7

Will give it a go removing Douban, Theme Songs and Timelord first.

GiGo

Seems to have fixed it byt removing Douban, Theme Songs and Timelord. Cheers for your help @Luke always great responses from the Devs 👍

Happy2Play

FYI Timelord and Theme Song are not actually doing anything as it is not registered, or at least that is what the log is showing as these are Premium plugins.

TimeLord

2021-04-03 05:00:00.673 Info App: TimeLordMovies Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: False Expiration Date: 01/01/1900 00:00:00 Is Valid: False
2021-04-03 05:00:00.673 Info App: TimeLordMovies Trial Expired, Please register to continue using the plugin
2021-04-03 05:00:00.673 Info App: TimeLordMovies Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: False Expiration Date: 01/01/1900 00:00:00 Is Valid: False
2021-04-03 05:00:00.673 Info App: TimeLordMovies Trial Expired, Please register to continue using the plugin

Theme Songs

2021-04-03 04:57:24.514 Info App: Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: False Expiration Date: 01/01/1900 00:00:00 Is Valid: False

2021-04-03 07:48:33.941 Info App: Theme Songs Trial Expired, Please register to continue using the plugin

GiGo
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

FYI Timelord and Theme Song are not actually doing anything as it is not registered, or at least that is what the log is showing as these are Premium plugins.

TimeLord

Theme Songs

2021-04-03 04:57:24.514 Info App: Theme Songs Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: False Expiration Date: 01/01/1900 00:00:00 Is Valid: False

2021-04-03 07:48:33.941 Info App: Theme Songs Trial Expired, Please register to continue using the plugin

I thought Timelord was part of Premier but I see it's not. The theme songs seem to work regardless if the plugin is there or not, or it at least works on the Web interface.

Happy2Play
Just now, GiGo said:

The theme songs seem to work regardless if the plugin is there or not, or it at least works on the Web interface.

Themes work if you have the song or video with your media, the plugins just gets them for you.

• 4 weeks later...
GiGo
On 03/04/2021 at 18:15, Luke said:

Auto Organize 1.5.8.0
	CoverArt 4.1.14.0
	Douban 1.0.3.0
	Theme Songs 1.6.6.7

I seem to be experiencing the same issue again now. I have now removed all the plugins mentioned and it appears Auto Organize was causing the issue, as in it loads much much faster now. 

Can I just re-enable the plugin or do I have to live without it if I keep getting this issue? 

Auto-organize scans your folders every 5 minutes by default I think. Perhaps update that scheduled task to be once or twice a day, so perhaps every 12 or 24 hours. When the scheduled task isn't running, the plugin won't be doing anything so it should be fine.

That said, you may want to do a little more testing to ensure this was the source of the problem, because as I mentioned, the majority of the time the plugin is sitting there not doing anything.

GiGo
7 hours ago, Luke said:

That said, you may want to do a little more testing to ensure this was the source of the problem, because as I mentioned, the majority of the time the plugin is sitting there not doing anything.

I'll give that a go. What more can I do with testing? I've never had the issue before my NAS is running like it has done before so I'm clueless to see what else is causing the issue.

GiGo
48 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would say the combinations of those plugins.

I think I've figured it out, the combination of the plugins and a failing drives, which caused my entire volume to crash, wish was resulting in slow response times. Thanks for your help, once I've re-loaded etc... I'll see if my theory was correct.