TV channels stop loading, won't refresh or load.

Ruttus
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Ruttus

Hi guys need your help for some reason my auto renew for premium subscription failed to renew automatically so I lost all channels functions, I fixed the seed got back premium but my channels will not load back, how can I fix this?

If you can try and restart Emby server.
Then check your Premiere status to make sure it took.
Try checking your MAPPINGS to make sure those are still mapped correctly.
Try a manual guide refresh.

Ruttus

I restart Emby. restart the pc, remove the premiere code and re apply. also the mapping was checked. even load the same file another pc and it worked just to test it. so not sure what's the issues, using Emby with this mapping for almost 2yrs and this is a first.

• Solution

What I would try is remove the tuner and do a guide refresh.  This should remove all the channels.

Then add the tuner back.  Check for proper mapping and then do a guide refresh.

Let us know how this works.

Ruttus
2 hours ago, cayars said:

What I would try is remove the tuner and do a guide refresh.  This should remove all the channels.

Then add the tuner back.  Check for proper mapping and then do a guide refresh.

Let us know how this works.

this worked @LukeLuke its working now, just to re map

• Like 1

Perfect.  Thanks for the update!

Let us know if you have any additional problems as we can always do a remote session to help you out.

Carlo

TheBeardedOne

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Trying not to create another topic and asked the same question in another thread so apologies for double posting but there's no activity on the other thread.

When i make changes to the M3U file they're not beng reflected in Emby.

Since initially adding the M3U tuner, which worked well, i have added some channels and groups to the file but they're not being picked up.

I have removed the Tuner and EPG a number of times and re-added them. Following Luke's advice above i have also removed the Tuner and EPG, hit Refresh Guide Data, then re-added them but they're still not showing the new channels and groups.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TBO

On 4/7/2021 at 6:59 AM, TheBeardedOne said:

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Trying not to create another topic and asked the same question in another thread so apologies for double posting but there's no activity on the other thread.

When i make changes to the M3U file they're not beng reflected in Emby.

Since initially adding the M3U tuner, which worked well, i have added some channels and groups to the file but they're not being picked up.

I have removed the Tuner and EPG a number of times and re-added them. Following Luke's advice above i have also removed the Tuner and EPG, hit Refresh Guide Data, then re-added them but they're still not showing the new channels and groups.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TBO

Hi, @TheBeardedOne, do your m3u channels have duplicated tvg-id values? Currently emby server will strip out the duplicates, although we are working on giving you greater control over that.

• 2 weeks later...
TheBeardedOne

Hi @Luke

Apologies, I missed your @...

They do indeed have identical tvg-id values. As far as I'm aware they need to have those values in order to pull down the correct picon and epg data, but maybe that's a result of me using M3U4U to build my channel groups and lists.

I understand Emby currently strips out dupes.

Looking forward to the next release.

Keep up the amazing work guys! It's greatly appreciated.

As updates come out I'll come back here to let you know what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

TBO

Edited by TheBeardedOne

TheBeardedOne

Has there been any progress on updating channels and groups after modifying the M3U file? After adding a group the changes aren't reflected in Emby.

I have tried removing any reference to the original file/url, refreshing guide data and re-adding but that didn't help.

I know there haven't been any updates to the server, just wondering if a workaround has been found.

Cheers

TBO