Emby Crashing to Home Screen When Trying to Access Server

bruiserboat
Go to solution Solved by plittlefield,

bruiserboat

Emby (version 4.5.4.0) and Roku app (version 7.0) had been working fine up until last night.  Suddenly each time I would try to launch the Emby app for Roku it would load for a split second then crash to home screen.  I found another post on this community that described a similar problem and following it's suggestion I deleted the device's data from Emby.  Following this I could once again reach the login screen, however, no matter which way I log into the server, it crashes before reaching the home screen and the problem restarts.  Here are the fixes I have tried:

> Restarting both the server and the Roku

> Deleting device data

> Emby beta for Roku

> Remaking the server

> Casting from the mobile Emby app to the Roku Emby app

INFO: I run the server off my laptop and have Emby Premiere.  The Roku is a 50' Roku TV 4K. 

I am at a loss.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I would hate to just have to cross my fingers that some update will fix this, I would much rather get it working sooner rather than later.

plittlefield

Same here in my Roku 3 with Firmware 10.0.0 build 4150-04 😞

I'll check that firmware revert thread and report back there and here with my results.

The wife's not happy so this is complete disaster 🙂

Paully

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, plittlefield said:

Same here in my Roku 3 with Firmware 10.0.0 build 4150-04 😞

I'll check that firmware revert thread and report back there and here with my results.

The wife's not happy so this is complete disaster 🙂

Paully

Yes this has affected all users that get this new firmware,  but Emby has no way to fix the issue until a dev gets the firmware as Roku I guess has not been any help.  But rolling back firmware does resolve the issue as I have already had to do it the other day.

• Solution
plittlefield

Yes!

Reverting to the previous version 9.4.0 of the Roku firmware using the Secret Screen settings for "update firmware" fixed it for me.

I've taken some photos if anyone wants to see the Roku screens as I did it...

Disaster averted, wife happy again!

On that same Secret Screen I've also changed the "software " channel to RELEASE and not Beta which may help it from updating back again to 10.0.0

Fingers crossed... wife watching 🙂

Edited by plittlefield