Trakt.tv wont sync.

nCheck

nCheck

Hi there.

Setup: Synology NAS DS218+

The trakt.tv pluging won't sync. I already did some research and tried a few things.

Installing plugin - reboot server - authenticate user with trakt by using pin - reboot
Trakt TV: Check if the its on the connected apps tab and it's there.  Revoked and re-authenticated a few times. But didn't help.

Ofcourse after all the things I tried when setting it up I'd go to scheduled tasks and run the 2 services: Import playstates from Trakt.tv and Sync Library to Trakt.tv (failed)

Found the *.xml file on my NAS. I've red if you delete the *.xml file it might work. But unfortunate :(

Piece of my server log:

021-04-01 15:17:46.764 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.trakt.tv/oauth/token
2021-04-01 15:17:47.640 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.trakt.tv/oauth/token
2021-04-01 15:17:47.780 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 14 18:48:50 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Post failed
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Trakt
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Edited by nCheck

Actually I just pushed a 3.4.9 update to the Trakt plugin. This will improve the logging to give us more information about the problem. Once you have the updated plugin, can you please provide a new server log of the problem? Thanks !

nCheck

Installed the update and restarted the server.
Still doesn't work. In the logs it say's it doesn't the match the TV Show.
But then again my show's are named correctly. As they are scraped through Emby.

Screenshot_1.png

embyserver.txt

Ok, the error seems to be related to trakt authentication. Try removing the pins from all users that you've configured in the trakt plugin, then set them up again.

zMeckx
6 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do?

TraktTV settings - Select user - Removed PIN - Clicked Save.

TraktTV settings - Select user - created and inserted PIN - Clicked Save.

Scheduled tasks - Then I ran the 2 services from that plugin. But failed.

After that.

Went to TraktTV and revoked acces and did the same thing as above.  
I've Checked if the access was available at TraktTV and it was.

I noticed something. When I ran the scheduled task and check the PIN of the user... It's gone.

Edited by zMeckx
Found my old account again. Cheers

raevengel

FWIW, I came here because the Trakt sync (just the "Sync Library to Trakt TV") hasn't worked for me in weeks now, either. I've also tried all the same things, removing the authentication pin, adding again, rebooting, etc. I just wanted to make sure it's known this isn't an isolated issue for one person.

I'm really hoping we can get this working. I need to migrate Emby to another OS and I'm not sure my watch states will transfer with the Emby Backup. 

raevengel

I completely removed Trakt plugin and reinstalled (rebooting Emby with each step) -  then getting new pin and authentication from scratch. Still no change. Won't sync playstates.

Mine also doesn't show the Pin when viewing the Trakt settings. It's blank. I don't know if that's normal (for security) or one of the issues.

raevengel

Sorry, I should have added previously, I'm running Linux (OpenSUSE, to be specific), if that makes any difference.

raevengel

I wanted to add, I've installed a new Emby server on a Mac machine and used the server backup feature to move my data over. I obviously had to update the media locations and so far, most things seem to be going well.

As far as this is concerned, Trakt doesn't seem to be failing and it saves the pin when you leave the plug-ins area and come back. This is not how it's working on the Linux install - the Pin disappears when you go back into the plugin settings. Just wanted to let you know in case it helps to diagnose the issues.

However, it's also failing to send the info to the Trakt server. So, this is now across three different OSes.

Edited by raevengel
Updated info.

Nonetheless the problem is related to some kind of trakt authentication failure. You might want to just shutdown the server, delete your trakt config xml file, restart the server and then set it all back up. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

zMeckx
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Nonetheless the problem is related to some kind of trakt authentication failure. You might want to just shutdown the server, delete your trakt config xml file, restart the server and then set it all back up. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Weirdly enough it worked out.  Steps I took:

1 - Shutdown Emby Server
2 - Deleted the Trakt.xml
3 - Went to trakt.tv and revoked the access
4 - At the plugin authorized the user by PIN to Trakt.tv
5 - Ran the scheduled task for trakt.tv
6 - Succes!

Thanks for the support /cheers

Edited by zMeckx

MarcelDoornbos
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

As promised, have followed these instructions for my double episode issue, no luck unfortunately.

raevengel

Tried this twice and it didn't work.

Steps:
Shutdown Emby
Go to /var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations and deleted trakt.xml
Go to Trakt.com and deleted the Emby app authentication 
restarted emby-server service
go to Trakt plugin, get new Pin
Enter new pin, save
Go to scheduled tasks, run Trakt sync
Process Fails.

This is on my Linux (OpenSUSE) install.

zMeckx
1 hour ago, raevengel said:

Steps:
Shutdown Emby
Enter new pin, save
Process Fails.

Awh man that sux. This is exactly what I did and it worked for me. Then again I did this before and it didnt work, so yeah.

6 hours ago, raevengel said:

Steps:
Shutdown Emby
Enter new pin, save
Process Fails.

Please attach the emby server log. It could be for some other reason. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Victor240

Hello, 

All of a sudden I have the same issue, emby stopped syncing with trakt. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling trakt, deleting the device from my trakt user settings, deleting the track.xml file but nothing. The import schedule task is working but the syncing is not.

Attached the log, any ideas?

Thank  you in advance.

embyserver.txt