Accessing cache path for Emby Server stored on QNAP NAS

sjkiss

sjkiss

I'm following the instructions here to try to get the path name for the folder that contains my Emby Playlists. but the instructions assume a sever running on a local machine, not an NAS. I can look at my dashboard, but annoyingly, the full cache path is not reported!!! It's cut off! So I don't really know where to look!

735679831_ScreenShot2021-03-31at11_46_02AM.png.869f0f158efd96c0fcf0c304e50af8ba.png

sjkiss

Ok I figured this out, using Terminal. But if there is a way to add a "copy" button or something to this interface, it would be helpful. Or be sure that the full path name is printed.

sjkiss

I'm trying to point my ASset UpnP to read the playlists created by Emby. There is an option in my Asset configuration page to specify a path to look for playlists. 

Happy2Play

But Emby playlists in that location (\Emby-Server\programdata\data\playlists) are xml not m3u, doesn't Asset upnp only read m3u?

On 4/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, sjkiss said:

There is an option in my Asset configuration page to specify a path to look for playlists. 

There is, where?

sjkiss

I open the Asset app in my QNAP app center and land on Picture 1. Then I select Configure and land on the next screen where I can specify basically watched folders for music tracks and playslists. Unfortunately Asset only reads m3u files and Emby only process xml files. That's why I was asking for a way to get emby to automatically generate m3u files here. Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 3.52.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 3.52.16 PM.png

Hi, yes at some point I would like to drop our proprietary playlist xml and just have our playlist features generate regular m3u files.

• 2 years later...
jprobins007

I am trying to locate the Emby plugin folder.  On my QNAP NAS there is no Cachedev1_Data folder under Share at all. I am running QuTSHero, not QTS. Perhaps that is the difference.  Any idea where I should be able to find the Emby folders?

Please ignore this request.  I found the location.  It was in the /share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/ folder.

Edited by jprobins007
  • Thanks 1