ROC v1.0.2.0 now live

leedavies

leedavies

ROC v1.0.2.0 is now live and should fix all the scroller hang problems some of you have seen randomly in various views.

Other changes in this release are:

EHS now has option to show collection backdrops

EHS now shows collection ClearArt

Thumb view now has view options to show ClearLOGO, Thumb, DiscArt or cover image on scroller

Thumb view now has curved/straight option for scroller

New configuration setting added for cover scrollers speed in all views.... can be set to Slow, Medium, Fast, Very Fast or Insane  :-)   None of these speeds should cause hangs in scrollers

If anyone has problems, please post in the Plugins Support forum, not in this forum.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update  :)

edit: how do I delete a post?  Didn't see your mention of not posting here.

Edited by DigiTM

leedavies

Thanks for the update  :)

edit: how do I delete a post?  Didn't see your mention of not posting here.

LOL.  Posting stuff like you just did is perfect here, cos it's a response to the "hey, here's a new version".  Your initial "oooooh, I'll go check that out..." reply is wicked.

If you had a problem specifically about this release, here might be a good place to report it too, as everyone will be pitching in about the same "oh nuts, this latest release is bad because..." discussion.

But if you've got a feature request or something you'd like to see changed or maybe configurable, in this thread about ROC 1.0.2.0 isn't somewhere anyone generally interested in ROC would see your post/idea and pitch in with their support.

Post that kinda stuff in the Plugins Support forum and everything that needs to be is much more visible.  But without all the baggage of the rubbish I post about new releases...  :-)

Nick's MCE

Hi Dev,

I really like ROC but wanted to change the color of the text and dvd focus background. Basically anything that was red I wanted to change to a blue color. I have done this before in NEO but for some reason the changes I make in the MCML file don't do anything. I am using a trial, not sure if this is the problem.

What would be really useful in themes is if there were some built in color profiles for stuff like the text, bars, star ratings, progress bars, focus etc.

leedavies

Hi Dev,

I really like ROC but wanted to change the color of the text and dvd focus background. Basically anything that was red I wanted to change to a blue color. I have done this before in NEO but for some reason the changes I make in the MCML file don't do anything. I am using a trial, not sure if this is the problem.

What would be really useful in themes is if there were some built in color profiles for stuff like the text, bars, star ratings, progress bars, focus etc.

See http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/779-roc-theme/?p=26106

Cue **APPLAUSE**. Well done Lee - whatever you did, it worked. Goodbye lock-ups & hangs when scrolling, even at insane speeds...  I'm loving it.

Now, can I ask for a way to elimiante the very light/bright start up for ROC, I'm using the dark theme but the very bright - kinda lika a flash going off at the start - irritates me somewhat. I would prefer to just go straight to the backgroud of stars.

Thanks for your efforts to please... :D

After deleting an episode ROC doesn’t select the next episode but the last episode so instead of going down it goes up. This is in 1.0.2.0 still the case.

I have used the same images as I have used at the old forum so the arrow on the right can be ignored as this already fixed.

Thanks for all fixes and adding the feature requests. Works great so far.

ROC%20issues.jpg

Popeye2468

Im using ROC version 1.0.2.0

I am unable to play certain TV series 4 of them in total when I click on episode to play I get unable to launch media browser 3

However normal playback occurs in pearl and default theme

Can anyone help?

Thanks

leedavies

Im using ROC version 1.0.2.0

I am unable to play certain TV series 4 of them in total when I click on episode to play I get unable to launch media browser 3

However normal playback occurs in pearl and default theme

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Have you checked your MB log to see if there's any error or clue logged in there about what happened?  I doubt there will be anything as MBC crashed probably before it had time to log that it was about to do so!  :-)

So, click the Windows start button and type "event viewer" and open up the event viewer app.  You'll see an application folder in the left-hand tree, expand that and you'll see a media center folder.

You will probably see an error recently logged in there detailing what caused the crash.  If you copy/paste the text of that error in this forum, we should be able to get to the bottom of it.

leedavies

Cue **APPLAUSE**. Well done Lee - whatever you did, it worked. Goodbye lock-ups & hangs when scrolling, even at insane speeds...  I'm loving it.

Now, can I ask for a way to elimiante the very light/bright start up for ROC, I'm using the dark theme but the very bright - kinda lika a flash going off at the start - irritates me somewhat. I would prefer to just go straight to the backgroud of stars.

Thanks for your efforts to please... :D

Glad to hear your scrollers are all working nicely.   There's an updated ROC going live later today which has some more performance improvements and visual enhancements in the scrollers.  The cover reflections now look better and scrolling and animation is faster still....  :-)

Re the white flash on startup, my bad - that should be flashing light or dark, depending on the skin you have chosen.  That's also fixed in today's release.

• Like 2

Glad to hear your scrollers are all working nicely.   There's an updated ROC going live later today which has some more performance improvements and visual enhancements in the scrollers.  The cover reflections now look better and scrolling and animation is faster still....  :-)

Re the white flash on startup, my bad - that should be flashing light or dark, depending on the skin you have chosen.  That's also fixed in today's release.

Can't wait lee...as usual of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Casper,  follow these instructions. cheers

edit. I should have said that you add the supporter key in the Server. This link contains the entire set-up routine for the server - kindly posted by Abobader

Edited by jordy

"Today" was yesterday, if you get my drift. I'm assuming of course that you're referring to a Beta version here not Alpha? I'm not seeing it in MBC Configurator... 

Please don't take this the wrong way but you really shouldn't say you are releasing a new version "today" if it's not ready, or at least post an update explaining it was delayed. Please don't leave us hanging...

Edited by jordy

"Today" was yesterday, if you get my drift. I'm assuming of course that you're referring to a Beta version here not Alpha? I'm not seeing it in MBC Configurator... 

Please don't take this the wrong way but you really shouldn't say you are releasing a new version "today" if it's not ready, or at least post an update explaining it was delayed. Please don't leave us hanging...

I dont think lee wants to extend our suspense purposely and indeed many of the times he has say he was ready to release a beta or an alpha version, but always there will be a last fine tunning which sometimes cause the delay (not to mention family matters of course).

All we have to do is to be patience and don't rush for everything, no matter if we get an answer or not...lee is always here for us ;)

leedavies

I was all set to release and passed a release candidate over to my dear friend Xzener and we spent about 3 hours on Skype refining and tweaking few areas and tucking a few little visual bugs. I believe he was wowed with the release, but he also saved you guys so e frustration by spotting some issues I had overlooked.

So I think we all owe him our thanks for being the eagle eyed master of all things visual that we all know and love. I would particularly like to thank him for his ongoing inspirational support and friendship.

The release is coming. I'm not teasing you guys. Some of you all have pre release links in your inboxes today.....

• Like 5

Lee & Jimmy,

Don't get me wrong, no offence intended and I hope non taken. I'm lovin what you do but It would have been nice to see that post yesterday. Anyway, Well Done Lee and Xzener! keep it coming :)

• Like 1

leedavies

Lee & Jimmy,

Don't get me wrong, no offence intended and I hope non taken. I'm lovin what you do but It would have been nice to see that post yesterday. Anyway, Well Done Lee and Xzener! keep it coming :)

Agreed.  We did get a little all consumed by our testing.  You'll see the end result shortly and I'm confident you'll like what you see...

• Like 2