Several movies posters disappeared

simorame

simorame

Hello, I have just moved my media library to Emby and everything went pretty well until I realized the posters of several movies disappeared and Emby on Chrome is showing the background horizontal image in their place (no image at all on my Emby tv app). The posters were shown correctly after the first library scan but then something must have happened.

As suggested in an older thread opened by someone who run into the same type of problem, I have tried to run another library scan but the posters are still missing. The only way I found so far to make them appear again is by adding the Imdb id to each movie with its poster missing, but that's not really a fix because it would take ages to do for each movie and I also fear the posters might disappear again. Perhaps some of my server settings are not ideal.

Looking forward for an explanation and hopefully a permanent fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by simorame

Hello simorame,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

simorame

Hi Luke and thanks for your reply.

After some digging, I realized two of my network hard drives were unmounted from Nvidia Shield, which is hosting my Emby server. Sometimes it happens unfortunately. After mounting them back and starting a new library scan, it looks like the movie posters are shwoing up again in Emby.

I still don't understand, though, why only the posters were affected by this issue. Indeed, even with those drives unaccessible, for each movie saved on them I could still see all the other  images in Emby. Are they saved anywhere else?

These are three screenshots of my Emby library on Chrome, Tv and smartphone app with the missing posters.

screenshot-chrome.jpg

screenshot-android-tv-app.jpg

screenshot-smartphone-app.jpg

Edited by simorame

Thanks for the update.

Emby does cache images but reloads them every x days. So if you were storing your images with the media Emby would have had a problem trying to load those images.

• Thanks 1

simorame

Yes Luke, I opted to save the posters in the media folders alongside the videos, although I just found out that one of my movie folders only contains the video files and no poster image, but the posters show up in Emby nonetheless. Maybe that's because I changed some of my server settings while trying to fix the posters issue, although right now they are back as they were at the beginning.

Thank-you for the patience, I'm still at the early stages of learning how Emby works, but I must say I'm quite impressed by it.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:35 AM, simorame said:

Yes Luke, I opted to save the posters in the media folders alongside the videos, although I just found out that one of my movie folders only contains the video files and no poster image, but the posters show up in Emby nonetheless. Maybe that's because I changed some of my server settings while trying to fix the posters issue, although right now they are back as they were at the beginning.

Thank-you for the patience, I'm still at the early stages of learning how Emby works, but I must say I'm quite impressed by it.

Thanks for the feedback. The most common cause of not getting images saved in your media folders is that although you may have enabled the feature, the server might be getting denied write access to the folder. When that happens, it will just save in the server's internal metadata folder. So if that's the reason, then clearing up those folder permissions should resolve it going forward.