Usb won't autorun

Jarvarro
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Jarvarro

I've been using this for a while now and installed it several times as needed without any issues. The usb won't auto run it only gives me an option to browse it when i plug it in. I've checked for updates for the TV, downloaded the tizen.zip 3 times, using Windows 10 I've tried fat16, fat32 and exfat even ntfs, tried 3 different 2.0 USB sticks in all three USB ports, even formatted one of them using my Linux laptop but nothing forces the tv to install the program from USB.

My TV is a 2020 Canadian model

model code - UN40N5200

Software version - T-KTSNINTV-1007 

Edited by Jarvarro

SamES

Where did you download it from?

Did you extract it and end up with this on the disk?

USB Drive
        |--userwidget
                    |--emby.tmg
                    |--widget.license

FrostByte

Normally, when you stick the usb drive in and it doesn't auto install it means the previous version needs to be uninstalled first, or for some reason it can't find the install file(s)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Agree 1

Jarvarro
18 hours ago, SamES said:

Where did you download it from?

Did you extract it and end up with this on the disk?

USB Drive
        |--userwidget
                    |--emby.tmg
                    |--widget.license

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded it from the sticky forum post link https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip the first time I extracted it from my downloads folder to the USB, the next time I copied the zip to the usb then extracted it. I have the same directory structure on the USB as you asked about.

I did uninstall the previous version after it failed to install a couple times but that didn't make any difference.

Edited by Jarvarro
Added more info

• Solution
SamES

Uninstall again, then pull the power from the tv for a minute then try installing again

Jarvarro
15 hours ago, SamES said:

Uninstall again, then pull the power from the tv for a minute then try installing again

Thanks for the help, unplugging it didn't work but i did a reset and it worked. Thanks again

• Like 1

SamES
1 hour ago, Jarvarro said:

Thanks for the help, unplugging it didn't work but i did a reset and it worked. Thanks again

Perfect, yes that was the next step and last resort. Smart hub gets a bit confused sometimes and often a power cycle helps, but worst case you need to reset smarthub.