Clear all for 'Continue Watching' and 'Next Up'.

PuffyToesToo

PuffyToesToo

Could we have an option under the admin profile to clear all for the 'Continue Watching' and 'Next Up' sections on a per profile basis? Much like a 'Mark All Read' in an email client. Thank you.

• Like 1

What would it actually do?

I mean, those sections are derived from watched data.  To "clear" them would require resetting that data.  Is that really what you want?

CharleyVarrick

I guess puffytoes has some undisciplined users that watches bits and pieces of this and that, and leave a mess behind (?)

I do "enjoy" some of that over here.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

PuffyToesToo

I have older parents and siblings who are not the least bit technologically inclined and easily confused. I regularly have to manually log into each profile and clean these sections out for them. End user ease of use and all that, right? Having this option would simplify this for me, so that I do not have to do this one by one for them. It is tedious. 

This was part of my request the other day about modifying other users options from the admin panel,  of which this specific area was unaddressed. This seems a good second option.

• Like 1

Right but are you wanting to just remove the items from those rows or actually reset the watched status for those items?  Those would be two different things so I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are wanting to accomplish.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

But what does this truly mean?  What are you doing, just removing them from these sections, making them as played, unplayed?

And in 4.6 these two sections get combined.

CharleyVarrick

Basically, I think its a "party mode" request; users can watch anything, but once logged off, it would be as if users was never there (no record  of anything partially watched, nothing deleted or moved. A sandboxed user mode.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Basically, I think its a "party mode" request; users can watch anything, but once logged off, it would be as if users was never there (no record  of anything watched, nothing deleted or moved. A sandboxed user mode.

So the admin multi-selects all libraries and makes them as unplayed, done.

Happy2Play
Just now, Happy2Play said:
2 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Basically, I think its a "party mode" request; users can watch anything, but once logged off, it would be as if users was never there (no record  of anything watched, nothing deleted or moved. A sandboxed user mode.

So the admin multi-selects all libraries and makes them as unplayed, done.

Or you make a new user and via the Server Configuration Backup plugin restore that user by mapping userdata from new to extisting user.

That's what I'm trying to get at.  There are two possible desires here:

1) Execute a "Remove this from Continue Watching" on all the items currently in continue watching - which doesn't touch the watched status, it just stops them from showing in those rows OR

2) Reset the watched status for all of these items.

@PuffyToesToo which of those are you requesting...?

PuffyToesToo
18 hours ago, ebr said:

That's what I'm trying to get at.  There are two possible desires here:

1) Execute a "Remove this from Continue Watching" on all the items currently in continue watching - which doesn't touch the watched status, it just stops them from showing in those rows OR

2) Reset the watched status for all of these items.

@PuffyToesToo which of those are you requesting...?

Thank you for the replies. I am unsure which would achieve what I am looking for. When I log onto my parents profile for example, they have an enormous list of half watched items and that confuses them. I would like to basically just clear the whole list out, so that there is nothing in the Continue watching section. Being able to flush it out now and again when it gets to be too much for them without having to do so one by one would be very helpful. All I do right now is mark them as played. So just being able to batch mark that task would be great.  I suppose it would seem more like option #2.