Nvidia Shield & Multiple PGS Subtitles on Screen

Mkilbride

3 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Gotta report this as unsolved. I just tried out Mob Psycho and Fate / Stay Nights Heavens Feel with PGS subs. When more than one was on screen, they didn't quite disappear as they used to, but jump randomly all over the screen instead of being where they need to be.

I am on 2.0.0.5g so it's not that. Damn.

Can you provide a sample of that?

2 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

I already Pm'd you Mob Psychos last year. Still the same file, nothings changed.

Is this the one where the sales guy is showing a contract to a girl?  Exactly where does it go goofy?

Please explain details because I won't know what it is supposed to look like :).

Mkilbride

Yeah. Ok, watch the last chapter, when the credits are rolling. The characters will be talking - and there will be text translated via subtitles on screen. The dialogue subtitles disappear while the text items being translated kinda bounce.

DarkAngel1l

10 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Gotta report this as unsolved. I just tried out Mob Psycho and Fate / Stay Nights Heavens Feel with PGS subs. When more than one was on screen, they didn't quite disappear as they used to, but jump randomly all over the screen instead of being where they need to be.

I am on 2.0.0.5g so it's not that. Damn.

@MKilbride, where in HF are you seeing an issue?  I just skimmed through the first movie and saw no issues.  

Edited by DarkAngel1l

Mkilbride

When the subtitles are reporting on the day like "Today" or when the subtitles are displaying the TVs dialogue and the characters talk, only the TV Dialogue appears.

Keep in mind this is a Blu-ray rip of the title using the official PGS Subs.

Edited by Mkilbride

• 4 weeks later...
DarkAngel1l

So I think I've finally stumbled across the behavior Mkilbride is talking about here, but in a different show.  I'll try and describe it but, I did grab a screenshot of what it is suppose to look like (Emby Theater) and a video clip showing the issue (Nvidia Shield).  And I've got a sample snipped ready to go as well.  So hopefully that will be more clear!

Sample:  LG_PGS-Sample.mkv

Also, worth mentioning that this is a MKV container that holds the original subtitle file.  And that I'm using 2.0.15g.  

I don't know what's different about this particular episode vs. the previous sample that now works properly, but text will come onto screen, and then flash in and out.  Take the following scene for example, where it's displayed correctly:  

Emby Theater (Appears to Display Correctly):

Multiple lines of text show correctly and even has the text items such as "Skills", "Quest", "Items", etc. change as the scene continues, they still are displayed correctly alongside the dialogue.  

image.thumb.png.c8d25540f8070e86df733d285cb95ab9.png

Nvidia Shield:

Where as on the Nvidia Shield, the dialogue shows first.  But as soon as the other text items such as "Skills", "Quest", "Items", etc. appear, they start flashing in and out randomly.  

Edited by DarkAngel1l

On 5/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, DarkAngel1l said:

So I think I've finally stumbled across the behavior Mkilbride is talking about here, but in a different show.  I'll try and describe it but, I did grab a screenshot of what it is suppose to look like (Emby Theater) and a video clip showing the issue (Nvidia Shield).  And I've got a sample snipped ready to go as well.  So hopefully that will be more clear!

Sample:  LG_PGS-Sample.mkv

Also, worth mentioning that this is a MKV container that holds the original subtitle file.  And that I'm using 2.0.15g.  

I don't know what's different about this particular episode vs. the previous sample that now works properly, but text will come onto screen, and then flash in and out.  Take the following scene for example, where it's displayed correctly:  

Emby Theater (Appears to Display Correctly):

Multiple lines of text show correctly and even has the text items such as "Skills", "Quest", "Items", etc. change as the scene continues, they still are displayed correctly alongside the dialogue.  

image.thumb.png.c8d25540f8070e86df733d285cb95ab9.png

Nvidia Shield:

Where as on the Nvidia Shield, the dialogue shows first.  But as soon as the other text items such as "Skills", "Quest", "Items", etc. appear, they start flashing in and out randomly.  

Hi, is it consistent each time playing, or random?

DarkAngel1l

Hey Luke, the same behavior is consistent every time, across both Nvidia Shield's I own.  

On 5/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, DarkAngel1l said:

And that I'm using 2.0.15g.  

I think this is an issue in the beta of the app since you are running that.  Please re-test with the next beta release.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

This issue has existed for over a year.

It is fixed in 2.0.9 but there is a regression in the current beta.

55 minutes ago, DarkAngel1l said:

Re-tested with 2.0.16g and unfortunately, the issue is still present in that version. 

The fix hasn't gone up yet.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

DarkAngel1l
2 hours ago, ebr said:

It is fixed in 2.0.9 but there is a regression in the current beta.

The fix hasn't gone up yet.

Thanks.

Thanks @ebr, I tested it out 2.0.9 and verified what you said.  Appreciate the follow up! 

12 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

You talking about the 2.0.05g update? I told you didn't fix it.

No, I'm talking about the 2.0.09 stable release that was confirmed that it did...

18 hours ago, DarkAngel1l said:

Thanks @ebr, I tested it out 2.0.9 and verified what you said.  Appreciate the follow up!