Support for Closed Captions on Tizen??

Sammy
Go to solution Solved by Sammy,

Sammy

I'm just wondering if we will ever see CC's on Tizen but here's my information for one of my 3 Tizen TV's

Samsung Model Number UN55MU6290

Samsung F/W Version T-KMKAUC1290.3

Emby Client Version 1.0.88 (on all three Tizen TV's)

Not sure if it matters but server log attached with ip addresses parsed.

embyserver parsed.txt

Edited by Sammy

SamES

Are you running the store version of the app? If so, try the next version.  Otherwise you could try the latest beta version.

I'm getting closed captions, on the current beta

• Thanks 1

Sammy

Interesting. I didn't see that in the release notes. Are you in the USA?

Will it ever hit the store? Sideloading is a PITA! Where does one procure a FAT32 USB Stick?

Edited by Sammy

SamES

Yes, it will.  I don't think it will be too long. 

Any USB will do, just format it to FAT32.

Sammy

I believe that US LiveTV Closed Caption Subtitles are a different animal then srt or pgs subtitles so I'm wondering before I go through the steps of formatting a USB stick to FAT32 and sideloading the app if it is going to be worth the effort.

SamES
6 hours ago, Sammy said:

I believe that US LiveTV Closed Caption Subtitles are a different animal then srt or pgs subtitles

That may be possible, but I have DVB_TELETEXT and it works.  What format do you have?  

image.thumb.png.57cec3d3ac791a0bb98704b390306888.png

Sammy
40 minutes ago, SamES said:

That may be possible, but I have DVB_TELETEXT and it works.  What format do you have?  

image.thumb.png.57cec3d3ac791a0bb98704b390306888.png

Is that a recording or a LiveTV broadcast?

SamES
2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Is that a recording or a LiveTV broadcast?

Yes, that's correct

• Solution
Sammy

I found there was a white emby app and a color emby app.. uninstalled both then was able to upgrade to 1.0.93!

I did this on two Samsung TV's and the second didn't work until I found and enabled CC's in the TV's Accessibility Settings. This means CC's are always on unless opening the TV Settings. Is there a way to make this a setting in the player itself like Series or Movie Playback or as in the AndroidTV app?

20210402_070154.jpg

SamES

So do both tvs need the closed captions enabled in the tv settings or only one ?  Was one already set like that?

Sammy
14 minutes ago, SamES said:

So do both tvs need the closed captions enabled in the tv settings or only one ?  Was one already set like that?

The first TV I did the update on already had it enabled so they showed right away. The second TV had it disabled so they didn't show. Being able to toggle this in the app after enabling it in the TV's Settings would be ideal. The AndroidTV app has that option now in the OSD on the lower right, to the left of the the gear.

SamES

So is this live tv (not a recording)?  Are there any subtitle options during playback?

can you drop the bitrate during playback until it starts to transcode, then attach the ffmpeg log?

Sammy

There is no control for subtitles or CC's during LiveTV playback in the Emby app.

I will drop the bitrate to force transcoding and post the logs today. Where shall I drop the bitrate? Server side or in the app's general playback settings or in the OSD gear lower right during playback? Or does it not matter?

Sammy
SamES
4 hours ago, Sammy said:

But now it is transcoding but CC's are showing?

Are showing? Or not showing?

I can see there is a track in the live stream that the server isn’t able to identify. Possibly it is the closed caption track 

• 7 months later...