Admin Modify User Settings

PuffyToesToo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

PuffyToesToo

Would it be possible to allow the Admin holder to modify other non admin user accounts? For example, right now i have to log out, then log into another user's account in order to clean up now playing, change Home Screen Options,  etc. Then log out of that user and then into Admin, or another user. It's a bit of a pain to go through all that for each user. None of my family members use the web app and aren't technically inclined to want to do so, so I take of it for them. Making this option available would really help. 

• Solution

Hi.  You can change other user settings now from the user configuration screen.  There is a link that says "Change this user's settings" near the top.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yep Dashboard-Users select user, then "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences." link

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
cochize1
On 3/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, Happy2Play said:

Yep Dashboard-Users select user, then "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences." link

And does it work to Activate Backdrops for users when I go to that setting?

Because I turned it on from Dashboard - Users, select user, 'Edit this user's...' but when I remotely accesed my server from other browser and logged into this user's profile the option was turned off in his settings.

Unless I am mistaken, each device contains settings within each user's profile.. Once you logon and set settings for that device then the next time it will be the same.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

And does it work to Activate Backdrops for users when I go to that setting?

Because I turned it on from Dashboard - Users, select user, 'Edit this user's...' but when I remotely accesed my server from other browser and logged into this user's profile the option was turned off in his settings.

Some settings are device settings and only controlled via that device.  Example clearing browser cache/history will reset themes and other settings .

14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Some settings are device settings and only controlled via that device.  Example clearing browser cache/history will reset themes and other settings .

Correct because many visual aspects of the presentation you may want to be different for different devices (environments).  e.g. a family room vs. a theater room.

cochize1
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

Correct because many visual aspects of the presentation you may want to be different for different devices (environments).  e.g. a family room vs. a theater room.

Ok, that might be a reasoning for some, but still, I am all for more control for admins of server over their useres settings. Most of my useres (friends and family) simply press play and watch a movie without altering any settings. It is up to me to give them and overall 'feel' of the platform as I intend it to be. I would like to turn the backdrops on etc. (luckly I am able to switch all of theme.css files so that all of them have black theme). And as I can understand that it might be harder to do so with different clients I would like to have a full control over their webui experience, as I add custom css but still can't control every aspect of how it looks on their side of the screen.

2 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

Ok, that might be a reasoning for some, but still, I am all for more control for admins of server over their useres settings. Most of my useres (friends and family) simply press play and watch a movie without altering any settings. It is up to me to give them and overall 'feel' of the platform as I intend it to be. I would like to turn the backdrops on etc. (luckly I am able to switch all of theme.css files so that all of them have black theme). And as I can understand that it might be harder to do so with different clients I would like to have a full control over their webui experience, as I add custom css but still can't control every aspect of how it looks on their side of the screen.

In that case, there are already some open feature requests for that.

• Like 1