No compatible streams

DeeJaayMac
Go to solution Solved by DeeJaayMac,

DeeJaayMac

Hello,

I know this is a common issue from what I've read. Various cases but none seem like mine. Had Emby running on a TrueNAS box working fine for ages, installed via truenas plugin.

I upgraded my heatsink and that's when the issue started weirdly enough.

""No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I get this when I try to play anything.

I've rebuild the Jail a few times and I've done a ton of reading, including logs, but I have no clue.

My media files play fine from various devices via the nas share

Emby is just a jail so it's not accessing files over LAN.

I've attached my log, but I see no errors that even give me a clue.

Any help is appreciated sirs

ffmpeg-transcode-f57edcf6-bbb1-437d-89e2-2e9e18006075_1.txt

DeeJaayMac

Ah yes 1 more thing.

I did not yet try this solution mentioned in this post, because I was curious about something before I try.

Official freenas install says to use plugin, but I see it's being suggested to not use those community plugins!

Just wondering 😃

DeeJaayMac

Hey Mr. Luke,

Installed first time with FreeNas/TrueNas plugin. When it broke (after update) I tried installing both plugins (there are two) and I was going to try the CLI method but waited due to reading. I think the latest plugin doesn't have ffmpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm glad you were able to resolve it with a workaround. We're looking into the original problem. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
mutosan

After migration I tried so many things which were complicated and not realy working in my case or for me. So I deinstall whole plugin and installed it again and ended up with the same error as mention here. Installing ffmpeg as mention in here worked like a charm. by uninstalling and installing I mean the community plugin inside truenas. Glad Emby works again on TrueNAS Core.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:44 AM, mutosan said:

After migration I tried so many things which were complicated and not realy working in my case or for me. So I deinstall whole plugin and installed it again and ended up with the same error as mention here. Installing ffmpeg as mention in here worked like a charm. by uninstalling and installing I mean the community plugin inside truenas. Glad Emby works again on TrueNAS Core.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
sultan

How can I install ffmpeg on a Synology NAS with DSM 7.0? I have the same problem since I upgraded to DSM 7.0 and Emby server 4.6.4.0. The library sync works, but nothing plays.

3 hours ago, sultan said:

How can I install ffmpeg on a Synology NAS with DSM 7.0? I have the same problem since I upgraded to DSM 7.0 and Emby server 4.6.4.0. The library sync works, but nothing plays.

Hi, You don't install it because the custom ffmpeg that Emby Server uses is installed as part of Emby Server. It sounds like you have a different issue so please open a new topic in the Synology section of the forum. This is the best place for Synology issues.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/153-synology/