Samsung 2.2.8 Orsay - SKIP doesn't work

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

Using Emby v4.5 or nowadays 4.6.0.35, both give problems on my Samsung F-series with Orsay 2.2.8: skipping forewards or back or skipping to another chapter doesn't work already a longer time....

Please help !

Grtz, Peter

Peter Nent

Running Emby beta-4.6.0.35, I'm not able to give a LOG file....as it doesn't work in this release...hopefully it is fixed in next beta release ?

Thanks for your good support & best regards,

Peter

2 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

Running Emby beta-4.6.0.35, I'm not able to give a LOG file

Why not? You can always provide a log file.

FrostByte
47 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

Same issue with LOG as: Logs not working in 4.6.0.35 - Emby Server - Emby Community

Thanks for your good support & best regards, Peter

You should still be able to access the log files directly.  The paths should be on the dashboard.  The person who started that thread did and attached it in his first post.

Peter Nent

After being confronted with the LOG file issue, I tried to recover them, but as this didn't solve the issue, I deleted them assuming that automatically were recreated as normally happens....not...mayby stupid and thus forcing me to wait for the next Beta of Emby where this issue will be solved.

I have patience and I admire your good support,

Thnx, Peter

Peter Nent

Emby automatically update from 4.6.0.35 into 4.6.0.36 today: great ! and thus, the LOG files were generated again. I tried to use the SKIP in Orsay v2.2.8 on our Samsung F-series TV, but it still doesn't work....: please see the attached LOG-files which I made afterwards / some minutes ago. 

Could you please have a look at them and try to find the reason why we can't skip in Orsay on our Samsung TV ?

Thanks & best regards, Peter

hardware_detection-63752642081.txt ffmpeg-directstream-71745b14-db37-4d02-97c7-8645a12eb86e_1.txt embyserver.txt

Thanks. @SamES can take a quick look, but this community app is so old now that I'm not even sure it was built to allow for seeking when transcoding. It might only be able to seek when direct playing, but he can look it it and find out for sure.

Peter Nent

Dear Luke and SamEs,

SKIP used to work on Orsay v2.2.8, but somehow was lost working OK in the past months.... 

Would appreciate a solution.

SamES

So is it only when transcoding that this is a problem?  I can see this problem when playing transcoded content.  DirectPlay appears to be fine.

I don't know why this has started being a problem, but as Luke said, this app was a community driven effort in the very early days.  Some of the methods used, whilst working fine in their day, may no longer be compatible with the way the server and current clients interact.  I suspect that this is now impacting seeking in transcoded streams, so it is unlikely to be easy to resolved. 

• 3 weeks later...
Peter Nent

Both transcoding, but also direct play, SKIP doesn't work (anymore): I've investigated a lot of time, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the reason or solve it: is anyone able to find the reason ?

Peter Nent

Dear Luke,

Last week, I tested it on several clients (Web, MCE, Theater, Android-smartphone, and Samsung Orsay v2.2.8) and was mistaken: I mixed up test results...the Samsung Orsay v2.2.8 is NOT direct play, but only transcoding....I'm versy sorry for the confusion.

This morning, I've retested them all again with the same result: on the Samsung TV, only transcoding is done (see attachment, look at the Samsung TV name: 'Slaapkamer' and y'll see the results) . On all clients, SKIP works OK, except the Samsung ORSAY v2.2.8...SKIP (transcoded) simply doen't work.

embyserver.txt

SamES

Thanks for confirming, a fix is coming when I get some time to finish this change

• Like 1

• 1 month later...