Apple TV subtitle size, and more subtitle suggestions.

Fredriks

Fredriks

Subtitles is the only dealbreaker against migrating to Emby.

I just tried out your server and apps and noticed that controls for subtitles are missing from Apple TV, my main player. I always use size "smaller" (the smallest) and want them as low as possible. When subtitles work perfectly in your apps I will buy Premiere Lifetime in an instant and switch from Plex since your product is fresher and not centralized as theirs.

My suggestions are:
- Fix subtitle sizing on Apple TV.
- Please make them configurable in height on all platforms. Down to touching the absolute bottom of the screen. 
- Please fix the space between two subtitle rows on Android TV/Chromecast and Web player, on "smaller" setting. They are way too far apart.

Otherwise nice product and keep up the great work!

Regards,
Fredrik

Edited by Fredriks
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Mjolsen74

checking in to see if this (offsets) is on a roadmap anywhere?  Really looking for this in AppleTv for sure. 

I think additional options for text size/color and in-player subtitle search would be helpful too. 

Edited by Mjolsen74

6 hours ago, Mjolsen74 said:

checking in to see if this (offsets) is on a roadmap anywhere?  Really looking for this in AppleTv for sure. 

I think additional options for text size/color and in-player subtitle search would be helpful too. 

Hi, yes both of those are on the to do list. Thanks for the feedback.

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, sudheera said:

Hi, is there any progress on this? Surprised how long this has been open. 

Hi, the Emby Apple TV app is rapidly catching up on features, so yes this will get it's turn. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
svobodavacla

Any update about subtitle styles on Apple TV? Tried a lot of apps and like Emby the most of all, but missing subtitles styling is a gamechanger for me.

1 hour ago, svobodavacla said:

Any update about subtitle styles on Apple TV? Tried a lot of apps and like Emby the most of all, but missing subtitles styling is a gamechanger for me.

Hi, it's on our to do list. Thanks.

svobodavacla
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Thank you! Can you provide any time frame (weeks/months/years)? I really love the app, only one which looks nice and can handle TV shows without painful renaming. I was actualy thinking about premiere before I found out about the subtitle issue.

Edited by svobodavacla

kyma

Hi

I just gave up on Emby app on Apple TV, I suggest you do too!

the app has millions of problems and apparently, they don't or can't develop the app

still, the app can't play HDR, and it's supposed to be fixed in the next update from 5 years ago !!!!!!

so I suggest you give up on the Emby app on Apple TV too !!!!! ( this is shameful to say this, but when they do nothing for Apple TV what can say or do )

the best way I can suggest is to install the INFUSE app or VidHub and connect the Emby server with it and enjoy HDR and subtitles and everything you expected to have in your local Emby app for years!!! UNFORTUNATELY.

best regards

• 1 month later...
Kocane
On 1/10/2024 at 4:49 AM, Luke said:

These replies are insulting at this point.

• Like 2

martijnds

Hi. I also think that subtitle position on the Apple TV is a must have feature. Now the subs are positioned almost in the middle of the screen... 🤔