About common user profile - EmbyServer 4.5.4.0

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
I wish I could hide (or block) the items in the red boxes, for all users, EXCEPT for the admin user.
Is it possible to obtain this feature using CSS or HTML code?
That would be very useful and for that I leave my thanks from now on.

download.png

Happy2Play

Don't believe there is a way, as there is no restricted by user/admin, all or none.  I would assume there is a script something as user has a limited option list vs admin but that is entire groups/sections not individual items in that group/section.

Looks like it is built in the navdrawercontent.js

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

CarlosLima

I understood everything, thank you very much.
So does Emby have no options that can differentiate powers between ordinary customers and the system administrator?
I think this could be revised, as I see how important it is to be able to eliminate resources from ordinary users only.
As an alternative, is it possible to hide the entire block or section from the average user, but at the same time keep the EXIT button so that he can just log out of the system?

Happy2Play

Not that I am aware of as if you look at that script it is done via "user.Policy.IsAdministrator", most of that is beyond my knowledge.

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Just for the record, a friend who also uses EmbyServer was able to customize the common user panel only.

download.png

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Just for the record, a friend who also uses EmbyServer was able to customize the common user panel only.

download.png

And for everyone else knowledge, how was that done?

CarlosLima

I'm going to ask him for the stone path, test it and publish the code here.

• Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Hi, I am back.
The friend who customized the user profile screen gave me the codes. He changed the settings.js file a lot but I made a confusion, behold, I imagined that the changes would affect all users, except the administrator user, but in reality it is not that, it reaches the administrator user, which loses its meaning to mine case.
Therefore, is it possible to hide or block the entire block or section so that the user (non-administrator) doesn't even see the link that leads to the User Profile?
My idea is to prevent the user from changing the display and home screen settings but as it is not possible to hide only these items, I prefer that he does not have access to the other items and I can manage this at the request of the same, such as changing captions and password access, using an external form.
Thank you again.

Note: If the changed settings.js file is of any use I can send it by email.

Happy2Play

I am guessing here but, that section is generic and applies to all users and the sections below apply to admin only.  So I would assume a script would have to be rewritten so you could edit users without affecting admins.  

At the same time there is the per User switch to hide Password and Profile "Allow this user to change their password and profile image", so there would seem to be a way.  But still beyond my knowledge.

CarlosLima

I thank you for your attention and understand what you mentioned. Really not being able to have the freedom to edit ordinary users without affecting the administrator user, I see it as a design flaw, but suddenly it is technically not feasible.
Yes, I know this box about allowing the user to change password and profile image, but for me this is exactly what I would like to release to everyone. In fact what I would really like to do is just release the password change and the EXIT button and nothing else. Everything else I would like to be able to hide or block for ordinary users, so that he could not change the display settings that I edit when creating a new account.

Now I remembered something that can help me.
When I change using CSS / HTML, it only affects the web application and no other applications, such as mobile, tablet, tv, etc.
If I block / hide the profile screen for everyone (including the administrator - myself) when accessing the embyserver using Emby Connetc, with administrator login, I could have access to the profile screen and from there make the settings in each user or the hiding or blocking also applies to EmbyConnect?

Again I thank you for your attention.

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

I thank you for your attention and understand what you mentioned. Really not being able to have the freedom to edit ordinary users without affecting the administrator user, I see it as a design flaw, but suddenly it is technically not feasible.
Yes, I know this box about allowing the user to change password and profile image, but for me this is exactly what I would like to release to everyone. In fact what I would really like to do is just release the password change and the EXIT button and nothing else. Everything else I would like to be able to hide or block for ordinary users, so that he could not change the display settings that I edit when creating a new account.

Now I remembered something that can help me.
When I change using CSS / HTML, it only affects the web application and no other applications, such as mobile, tablet, tv, etc.
If I block / hide the profile screen for everyone (including the administrator - myself) when accessing the embyserver using Emby Connetc, with administrator login, I could have access to the profile screen and from there make the settings in each user or the hiding or blocking also applies to EmbyConnect?

Again I thank you for your attention.

Or just give yourself a shortcut/bookmark.  In the end you are just hiding a url that can be opened if you know it.

CarlosLima

Sorry, I don't know I understand.
So I would hide the Profile screen from all users, but could I still access it through the link?
If so, how to hide and what is the link to open the hidden Profile screen for everyone?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Sorry, I don't know I understand.
So I would hide the Profile screen from all users, but could I still access it through the link?
If so, how to hide and what is the link to open the hidden Profile screen for everyone?

Well profile in Emby's context applies to the user image page, not all the settings as they are all separate html link on that setting page.  So hiding profile and password option are available to admin via the link in every user "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences."

Okay you can't create bookmarks as they are per userid.  I guess you could Hide the user icon and make the use the sidebar to sign out and you control all accounts from the Dashboard and users have not control at all.

CarlosLima

Thanks.
I didn't understand how I can hide the Profile screen for all users and how to access it as an administrator user.
Perhaps I failed to mention that the administrator will need to access the Profile screen of each user to set up their account.