Emby vs Kodi episodes counts

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by BaukeZwart,

CharleyVarrick

I was messing around in Kodi (confluence skin), looking at various statistics like movie list by # of actors appearances, then went on to tv shows.

In View options (left menu) I then sorted my tv shows by episode count, at first looking more at highest contenders in the list.

Out of curiosity, I switched to sort by episode count Ascending (from lowest to highest counts and found rather odd results.

For many shows, Kodi states I have 1 episode only which I knew immediately to be wrong

American Gods, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Batwoman, Good Girls, Harrow, to name just a few

image.thumb.png.da11e629c02693ea99570f7ab10b37fb.png 

In Emby those listed as example do show correct counts

image.png.add453fecac2e0cf663ce1c35b3836c5.pngimage.png.23eea7a01ea1c3d49760c28708f6526e.pngimage.png.91c57163d6d54e39ae06c2306a5ee276.pngimage.png.9f32fbadb733b44e0a32aa0ec5ef9529.pngimage.png.f6b959daca1d02317f28b9cd51b6370c.png

My Emby vs Kodi TV Shows count matches 99.99%, but I'm afraid I am WAY out in left field as per Episodes count.

Emby reports about 53.6K; I have not found a way to get Kodi overall episodes count

Any suggestions ?

Edited by CharleyVarrick

• Solution
BaukeZwart

@CharleyVarrickseems to be working fine for me.
But for me the Kodi db on my Win10 system is sometimes out of sync with the Emby server for other things like missing artwork and ratings. A local db reset is the only way I found to get everything back in sync.
I installed Kodi19 with E4K yesterday morning on my Shield, that is on 24/7, and no issues there until now.

screenshot00001.png

Edited by BaukeZwart
typo
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Thanks,

I have 2 kodi instances here (home office and htpc), previous results were from h.o.

Out of curiosity I fired up htpc kodi and looking at tv shows sorted by ascending episodes count is much different (not same shows), but still looks way off nevertheless.

This is not trivial, as the respective Kodis will obviously not let play what it does not display.

I'll follow your recommendation for a local db reset and then adding libraries.

A side question: From next gen/manage libraries, I have performed just now a Update library (to no avail), In the menu I notice an option Ive never used: Repair library

Can you (or others) explain difference between Update and Repair library ?

Edited by CharleyVarrick

BaukeZwart

Where did you find the next gen/manage/repair libraries option?
Also I never found an option to manually update the library.
I have now installed E4K on 3 systems (did Fire TV this morning) but I must be overlooking something on the db management front.

CharleyVarrick

from emby net gen, manage libraries, then all options offered.

Please note I'm running kodi on windows10

EDIT: libraries sync in progress, movies and tv shows being substantial take a little while

image.png.8017ea35930cee58136e7f4d509a02bc.png

image.png.f99fe9b3dc186275119e171fc121fadc.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Thanks 1

BaukeZwart

I wil look again but i don't recall having those options. 

EDIT: I'm an idiot, never even opened the NextGen app itself.

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Haha 1

CharleyVarrick

I still thank the "idiot" as local db reset did the trick, episodes count back to normal values.

You know what they say, make it idiot proof and they'll come up with a better idiot

Thanks again !

• Haha 1