"Do not record if episode already in library" cancels ALL recordings

sundevil67

sundevil67

My series passes seem intact, but at some point recently (despite no changes to other series' recording settings), all programs where I had this option selected stopped recording. I'm assuming this has something to do with the guide data being updated, but not sure how it is being 'tricked' into thinking the new episodes already exist, even when the series' in question are empty. In addition, other series not using this setting regularly record duplicates...which I guess makes sense on some level since this setting is supposed to prevent that, but thought it was worth mentioning. So really the big issue is the extra work deleting the duplicates but more importantly - when i have a 2-3 episode limit, I want it to collect 2-3 different episodes.

Any ideas on how to get this feature working again?

Thanks.

Hi.  That is the way it works but it does depend on the guide data.  If the guide data doesn't properly identify the episode numbers (or incorrectly identifies them) then that can cause both situations you describe.  Can we look at details of a single example?

sundevil67

I guess it is bad guide data. Real Time is a good example...this one always seems to duplicate...but one of them isn't even actually Bill Maher. Guess this one's tough to troubleshoot. It's not a big enough deal to worry about. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.55.13 PM.png

Yes something like that will be cause issues as there is no season/episode info but in this case what looks to be only the season.