DLNA works only for media that was played at least once through the web browser [TrueNAS install]

tommy777

tommy777

Hi,

I just installed Emby on a TrueNAS server and so far I love it :)

However, most DLNA requests give an error 500 to the TV with the following in the logs:

• System.Exception: System.Exception: Audio stream index '0' not found in input.

But everything works as expected for the media files that have been played at least once through the web browser (it's enough if they just started playing for a second).

It works the same when both sending the media from the web browser to the TV with "Play On..." control, or when attempting to play it straight from the TV DLNA browser.

The TV is a 2013 LG Smart TV (WebOS) should this make any difference.

Can anyone help me to get it right without having to click through every file in my media library from the web browser?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

emby_log.txt

Happy2Play

Sounds like item don't have media info. Do all items show media info in the web client?  

Are these strm files?

@tommy777

tommy777

Correct! The ones that don't play through DLNA don't show media info in the web client.

They are mostly .mp4 files.

So what's the correct way to get it right?

@Happy2Play

Edited by tommy777

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, tommy777 said:

Correct! The ones that don't play through DLNA don't show media info in the web client.

They are mostly .mp4 files.

So what's the correct way to get it right?

Devs will probably need to see a server log, as all imported media should have be probed showing media info.

@tommy777

Sound similar to this topic.

Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details. - FreeBSD - Emby Community

as the paths don't look like it is using Emby's ffmpeg/ffprobe

Your log snippet

Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz

Different package but you can see the location differences.

2021-03-02 19:20:25.075 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd12_{version}_amd64.txz

Edited by Happy2Play

tommy777

Old server log attached.

You can see multiple entries like:

• System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-hide_banner -version', CurrentDirectory='/usr/local/bin', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

This was the reason why I had to "ln -s /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/* /usr/local/bin/" in the beginning in order to get it to work at all. This should probably be corrected somehow in the TrueNAS plugin installer.

I thought this may be the same reason why media info didn't get collected when I added the library. So now I removed and recreated the library. The files still have no media info, but the scan is still in progress so I will let you know if anything changes after the scan ends.

embyserver-63752140800.txt

Happy2Play

A platform guru will have to comment but I am guessing do to Emby's embedded ffmpeg version not being used it is erroring out.

2021-03-23 23:20:39.628 Info FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Execute: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -version
2021-03-23 23:20:39.676 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Process error:
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 12.2.3.0 
	Framework: Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Sat Mar 20 02:32:40 UTC 2021)
	OS/Process: X64/X64
	Runtime: usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-hide_banner -version', CurrentDirectory='/usr/local/bin', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
	  at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x002dc] in <b3922b7d60404fa9ae645f1fb97f5b6b>:0 
	  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x0003a] in <b3922b7d60404fa9ae645f1fb97f5b6b>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
	  at Emby.ProcessRun.CoreProcess.CoreProcessLocal.Run (Emby.ProcessRun.Common.StartParams startParams) [0x00199] in <a4447f8da1e5483daf1b0dee119ba586>:0 
	  at Emby.ProcessRun.Runners.ProcessRunnerBase.Run (Emby.ProcessRun.Common.StartParams startParams) [0x00086] in <a4447f8da1e5483daf1b0dee119ba586>:0 
	Source: System
	TargetSite: Boolean StartWithCreateProcess(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)

Maybe @MRobi or @alucryd can assist if Luke does not comment first.

tommy777

After completing the scan - works OK.

So it seems that the problem is that it tried to find ffmpeg executables in /usr/local/bin/ while they were in /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/.

The only thing now is that I don't see any media artwork in the TV DLNA browser, but that's another issue so I'll make another thread if I don't manage to fix it myself.

Thanks for your help! 👍

tommy777

I installed the standard way - from Plugins menu, Community collection, chose "Emby Server". There's also the second entry called just "Emby" but that one didn't work at all.

@Luke

image.thumb.png.c6d0b36b19d07369b75900d3b45e5a13.png