Inquiry: "Resume from" & Playlists

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I have a simple inquiry. I can't find the "resume" option anymore. Is the option being reworked? Currently, I have to resume using the web client or just fast forward. It's not a big deal, I am just wondering :)

I was also curious to know if there is a plan, in the future, to support the new playlist addition to MBS?

xnappo

The resume option still works for me - just tried it.  It doesn't work if you are transcoding rather than direct playing though :S

Playlists - yes.

xnappo

Angelblue05

@@xnappo

Thanks for the quick reply, how did you resume to work? The only options that shows up under Interface is either Play or Info? Resume used to be part of the "select item action", but it's no longer appearing.

xnappo

If an item is in progress, when you hit play is should ask if you want to resume.

xnappo

Angelblue05

Okay, I am doing exactly what you are telling me. I do see the resume when I hit play, but then when I select it, it simply plays the episode from the beginning. Do you have your "select item action" set to resume somehow?

im85288

You should set the setting to Resume in your video settings:

XluA5UQ.png

Also you have not said which skin your trying this with? I can guarantee you it works with Eminence, Equilibrium, Titan, Aeon MQ5 (those are the only ones I have tried). If it is skin related then you can post in the appropriate theme thread.

Angelblue05

@@im85288

To answer your question, I am using Aeon MQ5, XBMB3C version 0.9.528. I don't have Resume showing, only Play and Info. Sorry about the quality, took a quick screenshot using Teamviewer+Snipping Tool :)

Edit: I'm an idiot. Keywords: Video Settings....duhhhh

53ee0ea0a002a_ResumePlay.jpg53ee0eaa4b7f9_ResumeInfo.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

@@Angelblue05 - that is the settings for the XBMB3C addon itself, the picture I posted is a setting in the XBMC settings itself. If you go to System and then Video Settings you should find something similar to what I posted :)

Angelblue05

I actually do have Default Select Action set to resume in Video Settings. Odd. It's still not working. It only starts the video from the beginning. The way i used to have it set up was having the option in XBMB3C Select Item Action set to Resume, but then I'd get the double Resume request.

53ee132e933ab_ResumeVideo.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Very strange, my xbmb3c settings are set to "Play" and everything works fine here...perhaps worth trying with a different skin? Though it should be fine as is.

Angelblue05

I will try a different skin and let you know. Thanks again for the quick replies. 

@@im85288 I've tried to resume using the skin Eminence and it didn't work. I selected Resume and it still started the video from the beginning, ignoring that I was at 40%. If you think the problem can be captured on logs I'm happy to provide them if you think it can help :)

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

I know it makes no sense, but somehow trancoding must be happening. Why (in the other thread) would the change to 100mbps make a difference with directplay?

Angelblue05

Well I'm updating my thread. I've tried a clean install of xbmc to no avail. I've actually lost my Stop function using my remote control. I have not modified anything, I'm not exactly sure if the latest xbmb3c update caused this. I'm running out of option, basically at this point the program+addon is unusable for me (no stop and no resume). GG

im85288

I can see a couple of errors in your log but I have to admit to not knowing what caused them. It looks like it may be some sort of authorisation problem when posting playback progress. Did you say that you can resume on another client? It may be worthwhile removing passwords etc if you do have them on to eliminate authorisation issues.

Angelblue05

Ok, I will give it a try! I'm not able to resume or stop on any skin. I've tried Aeon MQ5, Equilibrium and Eminence. I can, however, resume (the progress updates correctly to the web client from xbmc) and stop using the Media Browser web client. I will remove passwords (I don't have a user password in the web client (MBS), are you talking about windows password?) to see if it eliminates authorization issues.

Result: I have removed windows password, no change. I also made sure that the user had full access to shares. I'm able to skip and fast forward/rewind in XBMC, just not able to stop or resume. I can't tell what could be the issue. At this point is it a windows problem?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Update and fix for my remote control not being able to stop videos. It's all because iTunes is running at the same time and it picked up the signal before XBMC. Exiting iTunes confirmed that. Unbelievable.

I still can't resume anything thru XBMC, but at least one problem has been solved!

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

I have restored my windows from an image created 3 months ago. I will never know what caused the resume issue. I just know that reinstalling MB3, XBMB3C and XBMC did nothing to fix the issue. It's like some important file or settings within windows got corrupted somehow. Restoring my windows and re-updating everything fixed my issue. ~Hopefully this doesn't happen again!

cgrey000

i still cant resume either... but i dont have any itunze

we must be the only 2 users whose xbmb3c doesnt resume

Count me as #3. Though looks like Angelblue05 isn't experiencing the problem anymore, so just us two...

The odd thing is, I have three XBMC / XBMB3C clients now, and they're configured identically from what I can tell, and only one of them is having this problem, Possibly significant, when I play from the Widgets in TV or movies, the two "good" clients both give me the option to 'start from beginning' or 'resume', the one "bad" one doesn't - it just starts from the beginning. If I play from the library screens, even when I choose resume, they play from beginning. 

The info display shows "direct play", and there is no active transcoding process on my server, so I believe it is, in fact, direct playing...

xnappo

I would suggest deleting your 'settling.xml' file and starting over (under addon_data/<...xbmb3c...>/ .   I can't think of what specifically could cause this.

[EDIT] Nevermind - I think I may have found the problem.  In default.py look for this line:

if userData.get("PlaybackPositionTicks") != 0 and __settings__.getSetting('transcode') == 'false':

And change it to:

if userData.get("PlaybackPositionTicks") != 0:

We removed the 'transcode' setting, but neglected to change this statement. 

Let me know if that fixes it.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

cgrey000

I would suggest deleting your 'settling.xml' file and starting over (under addon_data/<...xbmb3c...>/ .   I can't think of what specifically could cause this.

[EDIT] Nevermind - I think I may have found the problem.  In default.py look for this line:

if userData.get("PlaybackPositionTicks") != 0 and __settings__.getSetting('transcode') == 'false':

And change it to:

if userData.get("PlaybackPositionTicks") != 0:

We removed the 'transcode' setting, but neglected to change this statement. 

Let me know if that fixes it.

^^^^ This worked for me on the one client I had that was broken ^^^^

Thanks xnappo!!

xnappo

Thanks for confirming - I removed this from the Git so will be fixed in next push to the repo.

xnappo

Angelblue05

I sure wish I had waited to restore my windows from backup, knowing the answer was coming, not even a day later. FML. Nonetheless, I'm glad the issue has been resolved.

Edited by Angelblue05