Jump to content

Search Each Library Individually


Popeye2468
 Share

Recommended Posts

GrimReaper
28 minutes ago, abegreen said:

When in root search globally, when in specific library search inside library.

 

Also make 2 different emby apps cause I have never been a member of more stupid and toxic community so make one for normal people and one for idiots who want everything backwards, sounds like a solution. 

As already said way above, such solution already exists in certain client apps and it does not work for all. 

And not quite clear what do you exactly find toxic since till your post there was no name-calling but two opposing views on usage/functionality with normal-tone discussion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Locutus64
46 minutes ago, abegreen said:

Also make 2 different emby apps cause I have never been a member of more stupid and toxic community so make one for normal people and one for idiots who want everything backwards, sounds like a solution.

Not sure which group or both groups you're aiming that at but the mods need to remove your entire post just for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sydlexius
1 hour ago, abegreen said:

When in root search globally, when in specific library search inside library.

 

Also make 2 different emby apps cause I have never been a member of more stupid and toxic community so make one for normal people and one for idiots who want everything backwards, sounds like a solution.

That's not intuitive.  Further, for a segment of users it may not be desired.  My suggestion would be for a check box next to the search box to limit searches to the current library (only available when you're in that library).  IMO, that approach might satisfy everyone's desires.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I used some words... but God, you get offended too easily.

The point is that the conflict wouldn't exist if the moderator himself didn't create it.

Moderator should stay neutral and not involve himself in the discussion. He turned it into an argument, and his argument is simply: "You like it, I dont".

How can a forum moderator accept or reject suggestions, aren't there developers and decision makers who read this...

We are paying customers and we should be allowed to speak freely. Instead, our ideas are being shut down instantly by forum moderators, and there will always be heroes level 100 who will join discussion to reject any idea for a change, like they have nothing better to do than police the forum.

I love the app and I support the development but I wish I have never accessed the forum cause the community is by my opinion very divided. Those who make feature suggestions are met with almost religious resistance, by the staff which than encourages others to join the position of the staff and it turns into battle which OP's usually lose.

 

Anyway I vote for this option to limit search because of everything that's already been said by the poor souls who haven't figured out yet how this place works, so they invest energy to explain the logic behind the suggestion, not knowing that whatever they say or do, will not pass.

...but life should go on so I wish you all good luck.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
Just now, abegreen said:

Ok, I used some words... but God, you get offended too easily.

The point is that the conflict wouldn't exist if the moderator himself didn't create it.

Moderator should stay neutral and not involve himself in the discussion. He turned it into an argument, and his argument is simply: "You like it, I dont".

How can a forum moderator accept or reject suggestions, aren't there developers and decision makers who read this...

We are paying customers and we should be allowed to speak freely. Instead, our ideas are being shut down instantly by forum moderators, and there will always be heroes level 100 who will join discussion to reject any idea for a change, like they have nothing better to do than police the forum.

I love the app and I support the development but I wish I have never accessed the forum cause the community is by my opinion very divided. Those who make feature suggestions are met with almost religious resistance, by the staff which than encourages others to join the position of the staff and it turns into battle which OP's usually lose.

 

Anyway I vote for this option to limit search because of everything that's already been said by the poor souls who haven't figured out yet how this place works, so they invest energy to explain the logic behind the suggestion, not knowing that whatever they say or do, will not pass.

...but life should go on so I wish you all good luck.

 

Nobody was rejecting anything, quite the contrary, that was expressing opinions and facts: some users want it - some don't. My very first post was in line with that which would satisfy both sides: make it an option, so noone feels left aside. I don't see any rejection there. I am just a user as any other and I do have my opinions and preferences which I will make clear, them being in line with someone else's or not. Everyone is very welcomed to make suggestions and express their desires - and argument for it, after all - some will agree, some will not. Some suggestions will get accepted, some will not. Fact of life. Deal with it.

  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You say "Deal with it", and I say "Just do it".

What do we want - Search inside library!

When do we want it - Now!

Foot soldiers... Assembooooooool!

 

I hope we can end it here, I should really go back to work.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, abegreen said:

You say "Deal with it", and I say "Just do it".

What do we want - Search inside library!

When do we want it - Now!

Foot soldiers... Assembooooooool!

 

I hope we can end it here, I should really go back to work.

I sincerely hope you get it, in one form or another. As long as it is not on the expense of someone else. @sydlexius made a sensible suggestion which I believe should be implemented. But limited-only should not be.

Cheers

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Locutus64
5 hours ago, abegreen said:

Ok, I used some words... but God, you get offended too easily.

The point is that the conflict wouldn't exist if the moderator himself didn't create it.

Moderator should stay neutral and not involve himself in the discussion. He turned it into an argument, and his argument is simply: "You like it, I dont".

How can a forum moderator accept or reject suggestions, aren't there developers and decision makers who read this...

We are paying customers and we should be allowed to speak freely. Instead, our ideas are being shut down instantly by forum moderators, and there will always be heroes level 100 who will join discussion to reject any idea for a change, like they have nothing better to do than police the forum.

I love the app and I support the development but I wish I have never accessed the forum cause the community is by my opinion very divided. Those who make feature suggestions are met with almost religious resistance, by the staff which than encourages others to join the position of the staff and it turns into battle which OP's usually lose.

 

Anyway I vote for this option to limit search because of everything that's already been said by the poor souls who haven't figured out yet how this place works, so they invest energy to explain the logic behind the suggestion, not knowing that whatever they say or do, will not pass.

...but life should go on so I wish you all good luck.

 

We were not easily offended. You were out and out rude when it was uncalled for. As for a moderator getting involved in the conversation they as Emby users have just as much right to weigh in on the conversation. They just like the rest of us have their own opinion. As for speaking freely I do not see this thread being locked and or removed, do you? NO. As for being divided of course there is going to be division cause there are differing ways that people like to do things. Take per library only search I was only onboard with that till @GrimReaper pointed out that it might be possible to have it both global and local. So again having all viewpoints in a thread is good cause it may get you to see something you did not think of before.

Edited by Locutus64
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
BobbyCR

I think that Search needs a little more work, like letting you select what are you looking for(before searching), movie, series, episode. add a advance search section, when you have TuneIn the search results get polluted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BobbyCR said:

I think that Search needs a little more work, like letting you select what are you looking for(before searching), movie, series, episode. add a advance search section, when you have TuneIn the search results get polluted. 

Hi.  The results are separated by type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BobbyCR
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The results are separated by type.

Yes, afterwards but the idea is to get it right from the start, let you select before searching or even exclude libraries from the search. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Locutus64
18 hours ago, BobbyCR said:

I think that Search needs a little more work, like letting you select what are you looking for(before searching), movie, series, episode. add a advance search section, when you have TuneIn the search results get polluted. 

You are just adding criteria that's simply not necessary. @GrimReaper has the right idea about a simple toggle for universal search or local library search. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kikinjo

Why i s every feature on emby "hardcoded". Why admin cant decide and turn off on some option. Like in this case..search library options, click what libraries you want to be searched and what not, than every emby admin can decide. You guys need to stop introducing new features that are hardcoded, we need options for those features. Now we have discussions on who likes what, this is not a hair saloon, this is software and we (emby users and admins) need options to turn off / on something and not to discuss what is the best feature and how to implement it, because always someone will disagree.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...