LG app playback issues

David Patt

David Patt
10 hours ago, SamES said:

OK, so if you are selecting AAC or AC3 before playback then that explains why we have no ffmpeg logs for those tests.

I think we need to work on just one example here and make sure we clear on what we're testing.  Don't worry about testing the other things for now.

From your earlier logs, I'm looking at this file: Extraction.2020.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DD+5.1.HDR.x265-AJP69.mkv

Can you please just test this file without any subtitles selected?  The video and audio should both be supported and it should DirectPlay without any transcoding.

Please make sure all the playback transcoding/re-encoding settings are turned on.

If it plays fine, then we can try the next thing.

If it does not, please supply all logs from this session (with debug logging turned on)

It plays fine. No Subs selected. Direct Play.

embyserver.txt

SamES

Ok, that’s good. Now what happens with the same file, with one of the internal subrip files selected?

SamES

I’ll do some tests tonight to see whether subrip can/should DirectPlay. 

It should at least transcode, but I don’t know why both of these log files appears to be incomplete. I wonder if the number of embedded subrip tracks is causing an issue

SamES

You can also try pasting this into a cmd window on the server.  I expect it will only run briefly then crash.  Can you copy and paste all the output into a textfile and attach it?

I think it will crash within 30 seconds.  If it doesn't press ctrl+c  to kill it after a minute of running.

C:\EMBY\system\ffmpeg.exe -loglevel +timing -y -print_graphs_file "C:\EMBY\programdata\logs\ffmpeg-transcode-66336886-248d-4ebc-9a37-07e65c24e4e0_1graph.txt" -copyts -start_at_zero -qsv_device 0 -qsv_use_dx11 -f matroska,webm -c:v:0 hevc_qsv -hwaccel:v:0 qsv -hwaccel_device:v:0 hw -load_plugin:v:0 hevc_hw -i "G:\MOVIES\Extraction.2020.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.HDR.x265-AJP69\Extraction.2020.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DD+5.1.HDR.x265-AJP69.mkv" -filter_complex "[0:0]vpp_qsv@f1=format=nv12,hwdownload@f2,format@f3=pix_fmts=nv12,format@f4=pix_fmts=yuv420p,subtitles@f5=filename='G\:\\MOVIES\\Extraction.2020.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.HDR.x265-AJP69\\Extraction.2020.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DD+5.1.HDR.x265-AJP69.mkv':fontsdir='C\:\\EMBY\\programdata\\fonts':si=4:force_style='FontName=Noto Sans CJK TC Regular'[f5_out0]" -map [f5_out0] -map 0:1 -sn -c:v:0 h264_qsv -b:v:0 32223358 -g:v:0 72 -maxrate:v:0 32223358 -bufsize:v:0 64446716 -sc_threshold:v:0 0 -level:v:0 51 -keyint_min:v:0 72 -profile:v:0 high -c:a:0 ac3 -ab:a:0 384000 -ar:a:0 48000 -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng -disposition:a:0 default -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -f segment -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list "C:\EMBY\programdata\transcoding-temp\85885B.m3u8" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_time 3 -segment_start_number 0 -individual_header_trailer 0 -write_header_trailer 0 -segment_write_temp 1 "C:\EMBY\programdata\transcoding-temp\85885B_%d.ts"

You can then delete any files it makes in here C:\EMBY\programdata\transcoding-temp\ starting with 85885B

Edited by SamES

SamES

Did it look like it was doing something, or had it just stalled?

Did it make many files here C:\EMBY\programdata\transcoding-temp??

Edited by SamES

David Patt

Yes it make files in transcoding temp directory. It looks like it was do something but it was slow and file size of temp file was around 17 MB after like five minutes. Then i stop it.

SamES

@softworkz / @Luke any thoughts why  transcoding appears not to be working?  File DirectPlays without subs, but as soon as a subrip track is selected playback just hangs. File a few posts up is the output when executing from the command line which was killed after 5 minutes of execution. The ffmpeg logs on the server are similarly empty when normal playback is attempted

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...