EPG and HD Homerun

user101xy
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

user101xy

Hi
How or what do I have to enter in Emby when I use an HD Homerun if I want to receive EPG TV Guide?

Edited by user101xy

• Solution

Emby supplies guide data for US, Canada and the UK.

So I guess it's going to matter what European country you are in.

If Emby doesn't have data for your country you will want to check out:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002149110-other-sources-of-epg-guide-data

• Like 1

user101xy

Hi @cayars
I bought this DE / Germany: http://www.epgdata.com/?action=newSubscription&iLang=de&iCountry=de&iOEM=VDR.

Now I have copied the XML file into my Synology and selected it in the TV Guide of the Emby, but it only loads for a second, the lower bar turns green, but it doesn't load for long to capture EPG data.

Edited by user101xy

user101xy

This is what channel mapping looks like for me:

Strange... can´t map anything.

Screenshot 2021-03-24 165522.png

Edited by user101xy

user101xy

What do you think about a Teamviewer session? Do you think it could help, perhaps it would be faster for both of us.

What a workout, but we got @user101xy his needed Guide Data.

We did have to jump through hoops to get it unfortunately and tried a couple of different providers.  The one we ended up using needed an m3u file to process (unless you want to manually find/select 150 channels) so we scripted a little program to create the m3u file from the HDHomeRun in the format it wanted.  So this is now available for the next person who needs it.

I'll be adding the script to the knowledge base with instructions in case anyone else needs it.

Thank you for your patience @user101xyand working with me on this.  Your setup will help the next person a lot once I document it.  It certainly has helped me a lot for anyone I'll offer remote assistance to in the future as I now know exactly what to do and what not to do. :)

• Like 1