Subs delayed

EladioCordeiro

EladioCordeiro

Hello 

I've been trying to watch some movies with emby at my LGCX but subs are most of times not synchronized with movie, but at laptop works well. 

Sometimes delayed and others came earlier. 

What can be? 

SamES
3 hours ago, EladioCordeiro said:

I can't post a print because problem is the sound. 

Sound is wrong compared to the video or the subs are wrong compared to the audio?

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks

Did you look at this?  

EladioCordeiro
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Sound is wrong compared to the video or the subs are wrong compared to the audio?

Did you look at this?  

Yes I read that. 

Sometimes subs are delayed but other times came earlier, few seconds. If I see at laptop everything are alright. 

SamES
8 hours ago, EladioCordeiro said:

Yes I read that. 

OK, so info like app version, server version, log files, media info for the movie, etc are all information we need to help

EladioCordeiro
SamES

So all of these GOT episodes have TrueHD audio tracks.  What this means is that the file cannot be played directly on your TV (TrueHD and DTS are not supported by CX models) in which case the audio will be converted during playback to a supported format.  This is not specifically a problem, but it could be causing minor timing issues.  Having said that, conversion of audio in 4K HEVC streams is known to cause issues with delays and stuttering during playback on LG (and Samsung) TV's so this could also be a factor depending on the file bitrate.

If possible, it is better to select items with other audio tracks, or manually add your own, or use the automatic conversion feature on the server to create versions with other audio tracks so that the file can DirectPlay.  This will help to minimise playback issues.

See also 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001984861-why-does-the-emby-app-for-my-lg-tv-not-play-the-dolby-atmos-truehd-audio-without-transcoding-

Next question, it appears that you trying to use the external srt subtitles, correct?  if so, where did these come from?  Were they supplied with the episode files, or did you download them separately (ie: using the download subtitles option)?  It is possible that the timing is not correct in the subtitle file, although you do mention that it works fine on other devices.  Are you using the same subtitle track on other devices, or are you selecting the internal PGS subs?

EladioCordeiro

Ok. I didn't know that about the sound and only use the TV. I will pay attention in the future. 

The subs work fine in laptop and I've download direct at emby server but do the same. Sometimes work well but I don't understand why only sometimes do it. 

Edited by EladioCordeiro

SamES

OK, so these subs were downloaded by the server so they might not match the audio exactly. That is possibly the issue.

EladioCordeiro
1 minute ago, SamES said:

OK, so these subs were downloaded by the server so they might not match the audio exactly. That is possibly the issue.

If I use the subs that I downloaded and used on laptop do the same. Could be because transcoding audio track? Laptop can't do the two things are same time? 

SamES

If you're having the same problem with the subs on a laptop then it is possible that the subtitles aren't an exact match.

Did you download them using OpenSubtitles?  Just be aware that it's not guaranteed that the audio and subtitles will be in sync unless they are an exact match which isn't always possible.

EladioCordeiro
8 minutes ago, SamES said:

If you're having the same problem with the subs on a laptop then it is possible that the subtitles aren't an exact match.

Did you download them using OpenSubtitles?  Just be aware that it's not guaranteed that the audio and subtitles will be in sync unless they are an exact match which isn't always possible.

I don't explain well. When I use external subs they work perfect on laptop but don't at emby and this repeat with subs downloaded from OpenSubtitles. 

rbjtech

Can we go over a single example - play the same file on the TV and then again on the laptop (web?).  Please post both ffmpeg files.

Could you also post mediainfo for the file played and any external subtitle files - use emby as it will show them all listed.

EladioCordeiro
25 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Can we go over a single example - play the same file on the TV and then again on the laptop (web?).  Please post both ffmpeg files.

Could you also post mediainfo for the file played and any external subtitle files - use emby as it will show them all listed.

On laptop fine, on TV don't sometimes. 

rbjtech

As per my post, please post the logs - then we should be able to help you identify why the subs on the LG are delayed.

rbjtech

yes it's transcoding because of the True-HD Audio track.   You may also be losing HDR as a result.

If the file has an AC3/DD audio track, then by selecting this before you press play, it should direct play (with HDR) and not need transcoding at all.

EladioCordeiro
17 hours ago, Luke said:

This is stream copying the original video while converting the audio.

I will try other stream with other audio file like aac...