Filter and sort on (music) playlists (on web client)

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Itunes has a column browser

image.thumb.png.d9c7a732bd71a5784353a8b7b3d6ce3f.png

which has the effect of filtering and sorting views of music objects. Values are selected rather than typed.

it makes the function of curating content much simpler eg checking whether tracks of a given album/ artist have been added . i am finding i am regularly using the web browser's search function to curate playlists which is far from ideal

the ability to sort by [music] tag alone would go along way for [music] playlists.

• Like 1

I could see how this would bloat the database and take time to respond just like search, details view, then selecting various columns.. the system takes time to read all of the metadata from the files.. Emby would need to create a database including ALL tags for this to be implemented.. and return a result without seemingly timing out.. to be responsive...

I do agree though with you that a view for music like this would be good. 

Spoiler

I started looking at my files in Emby for curation but I decided that I shouldn't curate in Emby, but address the source of the problem the files, AND I used Winamp' Media Library, in conjunction with Windows Explorer.. to find tracks and albums missing information. Batch editing was done with TagScanner... and MetaX for video ( which Emby did help me to polish off my Movies by seeing where it failed dotting my I's and crossing mah T's ), a batch script and autorenamer for movies/videos..

Winamp's Media Library is really ideal for this.. but very complex as far as how you set it up.. Works like a GOD for it in the end though...Good tool for creating Playlists and exporting ... which can be dropped into Emby..

HI, yes we do plan to add filtering and sorting for playlists in future updates. thanks for the feedback.