v3.1.80 breaks live TV

revengineer

revengineer

So, two days ago my android mobile app updated to v3.1.80 and since then I have trouble with live TV. Problem seems to always happen during commercials when suddenly the screen goes completely black. The problem seems to happen in transition between commercials or from the commercials back to the program. This happened on two stations and it happened tonight about 8 times in a single hour. So sadly, the android app is broken yet again, hopefully a fix comes in a timely manner. 

revengineer

Didn't have time the other night to work the logs. Trying to reproduce on the weekend so far without luck this morning. It could be that issue is due to specific TV ads that only play during prime time. If I am successful, I will post again.

revengineer

The issue reoccurred tonight; 6 black screens in a 30 min period. I will PM you the logs. While this is being resolved, I have reverted to v3.1.73 as this is intolerable.

heretostay

I'm having the exact same issue. Android mobile app on current version. Plays fine while the program is playing but it seems that certain commercials cause the screen to go completely black and no sound. Only way to resolve is to back up to the guide and then back into the program...until the next commercial causes the same issue. 

revengineer, how did you revert to the lower version? 

revengineer
12 hours ago, heretostay said:

revengineer, how did you revert to the lower version? 

My practice is to back up each new version as I install it so that I have a backup. But you can also get old versions at apkmirror.