Stable Samsung Tizen release.

frankkahle

frankkahle

Because I am in Canada i cannot install the Samsung app in the app store.  This is a pain in the *** because every time there is a release of the emby developer app i have to go through the procedure of download app, put on USB key, delete old app on tv and reinstall. 

My question is, why are we exempted in Canada, and is there any way around this?

Frank

• Agree 1

Hi there, we're hoping to eventually have the app in the store for Canada. For now, the USB installation is available. 

FrostByte

As of right now the only way around USB for you would be to change the region of your TV to US.  Then you can get the app from the Samsung store. 

Once the app makes it to the Samsung Canadian store you would change the region back.

cmacfarlane93
On 17/03/2021 at 20:06, FrostByte said:

As of right now the only way around USB for you would be to change the region of your TV to US.  Then you can get the app from the Samsung store. 

Once the app makes it to the Samsung Canadian store you would change the region back.

+1 for this, that's what I did it works great

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !