Back on Home Screen

serpi

serpi

Hi,

I found that pressing the "back" button always goes back, but it shouldn't do this on the home screen (in Emby), there it should open the popup menu for settings/logout/exit.

Why is this a problem?

I've found me stuck some times, if I go into a series, there I select "delete" and delete the whole series, after that, emny puts me to the home screen (which is fine).

But when I now press "back" to exit Emby, it tries to go back to the series, whcih doesn't exist anymore, so Emby only shows a black screen and I have to "hard exit" it (long press on back button).

I think, this behaviour should be changed, so that "back" on home screen always gives the exit option (which would be logical).

Ciao, Alfred

serpi

Sorry, forgot to mention, it's Tizen 1.0.92 (not yet updated to 1.0.93), but this behaviour seems to be there for a long time.

Ciao, Alfred

• 4 weeks later...
serpi

So, with latest version (1.0.94) Emby on Samsung (Tizen) doesn't skip back to homescreen after deleting.

Now it just stays in details view of the series after selecting delete.

No feedback anymore if deleting is done.

An example workflow in detail:

Enter an episode in homecreen from Next Up, Play it, after that, go up the the series name and select it, now I'm in the series details view. I'm going to the three dots, select delete, select delete series, confirm delete.

Now, nothing happens (this used to jump back to home screen after deleting), if I go back, I'm back in the (now not existing) episode view, one back more brings me back to home screen.

I would say, showing an already deleted episode when going back is an error, I found it more logical, to jump to homescreen after deletion.

Ciao, Alfred

2 hours ago, serpi said:

So, with latest version (1.0.94) Emby on Samsung (Tizen) doesn't skip back to homescreen after deleting.

Now it just stays in details view of the series after selecting delete.

No feedback anymore if deleting is done.

An example workflow in detail:

Enter an episode in homecreen from Next Up, Play it, after that, go up the the series name and select it, now I'm in the series details view. I'm going to the three dots, select delete, select delete series, confirm delete.

Now, nothing happens (this used to jump back to home screen after deleting), if I go back, I'm back in the (now not existing) episode view, one back more brings me back to home screen.

I would say, showing an already deleted episode when going back is an error, I found it more logical, to jump to homescreen after deletion.

Ciao, Alfred

Hi, thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.