Connection Issues

JohnTaylor11

JohnTaylor11

My friend has given me access to his emby account, i have been able to connect via my Samsung Phone and Samsung Tablet.  However, I am trying to connect via my Samsung TV and this is where i am having issues.  

I have 2 tvs both less than 2 years old.  Have downloaded the Emby app via the Samsung app page to the tv.   

I enter the pin number then get the option of local server or emby server - just like i did on my table but it will not let me confirm the emby server, it seems to hang and not move forward.  

Am struggling here, hoping for some help please.

Sammy

I've had this issue before. I ended up connecting to my server on the WAN connection and bypassing Emby Connect and for a friend of ours we could never get it to connect either way. No attempt to connect showed up on my server log from this attempt on the WAN so I gave up. Is there a way to send logs from Samsung TV's?

• 1 month later...
JasonBatchelor

Hi,

I just wondered if you can help me please?

I have recently given access to emby to one of my friends and he is using a samsung tv. When he goes to watch a film and the message "playback error' occurs. When he goes to stream from his phone it plays fine. Do you have any ideas please as I am losing my mind :) 

Please find attached a photo of the error.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jason 

IMG-20210426-WA0000 - Copy.jpg

On 4/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, JasonBatchelor said:

Hi,

I just wondered if you can help me please?

I have recently given access to emby to one of my friends and he is using a samsung tv. When he goes to watch a film and the message "playback error' occurs. When he goes to stream from his phone it plays fine. Do you have any ideas please as I am losing my mind :)

Please find attached a photo of the error.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jason 

IMG-20210426-WA0000 - Copy.jpg

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !