webhook? for lutron lighting scenes

Bmoney003

Bmoney003

Hi everyone,  I noticed the webhook plugin.  I would like to create a webhook where when I press play, the lights go off (a scene already setup in the lutron hub) and when i pause/stop a movie the lights turn on (again a scene already created in the lutron hub/app)  

can someone help me figure out how to do this?  I would greatly appreciate any help!

thanks

Brian

Bmoney003

Hi everyone,  I noticed the webhook plugin.  I would like to create a webhook where when I press play, the lights go off (a scene already setup in the lutron hub) and when i pause/stop a movie the lights turn on (again a scene already created in the lutron hub/app)  

can someone help me figure out how to do this?  I would greatly appreciate any help!

thanks

Brian

BillOatman

I am actually in the middle of doing this for the Phillips hue system using a self hosted C# application.
I have it getting the raw message from Emby Webhooks, but not in the "FromBody" nicer way yet.
Using Python or Go or Java instead of C# would make it runnable on more than just Windows systems.

Basically you need to create a webservice endpoint and configure Emby Webhooks to call it for playback events. Your endpoint will get a message with a large json payload like this

{
	"Event": "playback.start",
	"User": {
		"Name": "EmbyUserName",
	"Session": {
		"RemoteEndPoint": "192.168.50.40",
		"Client": "AndroidTv",
		"DeviceName": "LivingRoom",
}
}

Based on the event, and the devicename you would set the scene in your lutron hub.

Edited by BillOatman

BillOatman

If you arent a programmer it will be difficult for you, but a good learning experience :)
Look around for examples of creating a web service endpoint and take it from there.

chef

What we need is the http request for lutron that turns on and off the lights.

Then, we need to send that

On 3/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, Bmoney003 said:

thanks

Brian

Hey Brian @Bmoney003, what is the name of the hub from Lutron? Probably get that working for ya :)

Use the @chef <-- when you respond... I seem to miss a whole lot of messages unless users '@' me.

We'll swap some Lutron code into Vera or the Smarthings plugin, or at least try.

Edited by chef

chef
Just now, Jguertini13 said:

Awesome :) 

it’s Lutron caseta wireless smart bridge

thanks for the help!

Okay I found something... https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/040249.pdf

but... I need to read the document, and make sure we can command the bridge through http.

I don't know what TelNet is... soo....

EDIT:

Also this is mentioned: "...The "Pro" version of the smart bridge is the only one that supports third party integration...."

Edited by chef

• 1 year later...
RCogburn

Chef, 

I can say for certain I have the non pro Lutron bridge running commands from my google max without installing the Lutron app. I am not sure if this helps or not, but google assistant is a third party app.