Unauthorized Access to Live TV via Guide Button

SDurb96

SDurb96

Hello, I've attempted to search this issue, however, the only post that I've been able to find is an unanswered post from 2018. (see: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56644-unable-to-disable-live-tv-for-user/).

I've uncovered that two users, both with Samsung TV's, are able to access the Live TV guide by pressing the guide button on their respective remote and stream channels even though both of their accounts have Live TV disabled. As far as I can tell, this issue appears to be isolated to Samsung TV's. I expect that this will need to be patched at the app level and there is nothing I can do locally. With that said, what information/logs/etc. would be useful to assist?

SDurb96
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is resolved for the next release of the server. thanks.

Is there an estimated time for the release? I only ask as, like I said, the only other post I managed to locate is from 2018.

• 2 years later...
Dickydodah!

@LukeHas this been resolved yet as this thread doesn't mention the server version. It's still happening in server version 4.7.13.0 App version 1.5.6 ?

The unauthorised user can't actually watch TV or in fact see the guide but the headings are visible with a constant loading circle which stays even if you exit the guide. It finally goes away once you select another library.

5 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

@LukeHas this been resolved yet as this thread doesn't mention the server version. It's still happening in server version 4.7.13.0 App version 1.5.6 ?

The unauthorised user can't actually watch TV or in fact see the guide but the headings are visible with a constant loading circle which stays even if you exit the guide. It finally goes away once you select another library.

So it does block restricted content?

Dickydodah!
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

So it does block restricted content?

Strictly speaking, yes it does however it's not particularly elegant as the user gets to the guide but it doesn't populate with the guide info and just sticks on loading. Of course this does mean that they can't watch live TV. Whilst I know Live TV isn't the same as other libraries it would be nicer if the remote control function that calls up the guide could be disabled for the restricted user. This would then make it that the user would never even know that Live TV was available. Just a little suggestion if it's possible.

Personally I'm not bothered as I only had the user restricted to tidy up the home screen and only have the TV Shows and Movie libraries showing as that's all we use this TV for. I only found this out by accident as my wife is pretty useless with the remote and pressed the wrong button 🤣

I forgot to say that I suppose it does mean that this is actually resolved 👍

Edited by Dickydodah!