Recently added vs actual library content

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

quickmic
5 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Reason I'm a little mixed up right now is I saw in your video you had some libraries Dynamic, some not.

The only not dynamic content was Formula 1.

Live TV etc cannot be synced, that's why it's always dynamic and has no tag.

Same for playlists, podcasts...

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick
30 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The only not dynamic content was Formula 1.

Live TV etc cannot be synced, that's why it's always dynamic and has no tag.

Got you, that too escaped me as I do not have live tv (not in emby kodi I mean)

live tv for me is the telcom tv box with a gazillion channels, and I do not wish / need it to mingle with my emby stuff.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

Local DB reset done, I am now adding libraries

6 smaller libraries all done, I leave Main tv and main movies for last, as those will require quite some time*

Then again...

I did all that yesterday on i5 7th gen (living room htpc) and it took 3 hours.

On my home office beast i7 9th gen, eta seems about 30 mins

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Sync emty shows and Multi episode label

No difference for me, I have no empty content and Multi episode label also not in use. Actually, not sure what Multi episode actually does. Never used it, never had content and Multiparti (which I have) is a different thing.

Sync empty shows: There's a tv show wife watches then delete on purpose (I usually keep everything else). Having this setting enabled prevent Kodi from wiping it all together.

EDIT: Now that I mention it, I think this is an ancient habit dating from when I was using kodi in stand alone mode.

Since I've been using Emby to drive Kodi, it would not make any difference in the end.

Multi episode label: I also have no clue what this thing eats for breakfast, but I was worried it has something to do with multi parts ( I have some, not a ton) and preferred to err on cautious side. You tell me they aint related, so from now on, will disable when prompted.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

LongMan

@quickmic,

I noticed that you have mentioned multiple times that dynamic content is slow. Montellese has found the same thing while researching performance improvements for his MediaImport Project. To be clear, I am not promoting MediaImport here. The aim is to make you aware of some improvements for which a  PR (19427) has been submitted to master and others that have been included in these builds but has not yet been PRed.

I know you are quite busy right now, but if you can spare a minute, it would great to get your feedback on performance improvements in dynamic content on these builds compared to Kodi V19 Final. It would be good to get these improvemnts in 19.1. Yes these are MediaImport builds but they are the only ones that has these improvements, so you can ignore MediaImport and test your own addon.

Specific changes
"In general any Python API method which takes a Python list / C++ std::vector or a Python dict / C++ std::map / Dictionary. The bigger the list / dict the more performance gain. In Montelesse's performance measurements it was most prominent on ListItem.setCast()."

Cheers,

LongMan

Edited by LongMan
  • Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Specific changes

"In general any Python API method which takes a Python list / C++ std::vector or a Python dict / C++ std::map / Dictionary. The bigger the list / dict the more performance gain. In Montelesse's performance measurements it was most prominent on ListItem.setCast()."

Cheers,

LongMan

Thanks, I already had an eye on that but not actually reviewed.

In next-gen plugin, a complete rewrite of the listitem.py module is on the agenda. At the moment it's almost impossible to improve something in that code. There a so many share objects, it's complete confusing. Even worse, ListItem API calls are triggered for the same listitem several times. e.g. ListItem properties...

At the moment it doesn't have high priority, actually e4k is designed to sync the DB and not using dynamic content.

For users who wants dynamic content, emby for kodi/next gen is a poor choice.

• Like 1

LongMan

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Hopefully these changes gets into Kodi 19.1 which would be good for all concerned.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

@quickmic

Ok so Kodi E4K fully updated libraries, all good

I exit Kodi gracefully* and reopen and give it a minute to settle down.

I will re-add the last episode I previously removed and will have eyes on emby and kodi at once

I'll report back and might probably send a log

EDIT: * First time in the last 6 reinstall that Kodi does not hang/goes not responding on initial graceful exit

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

You have me very excited and hopefull

That show appeared simultaneously on emby and kodi ! 🥰🤩😜😛

I will know for sure next time I have a more substantial pack of new episodes but so far, looks like you nailed it !

This Is Not A Drill Mens T-Shirt | Textual Tees

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1