Recently added vs actual library content

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

quickmic

I chose not to (Later) and media is present and accessible

You haven't synced and media is still present? Have you imported the settings from an other device?

CharleyVarrick
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You haven't synced and media is still present? Have you imported the settings from an other device?

I'm surprised too, I was expecting kodi to be either empty, or display all, but nothing playable.

Its as if I didnt touch it at all

I have not knowingly imported any settings from anywhere

EDIT :I just double checked and I am now on next gen 5.2.02

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic

Are you using default skin? If you haven't synced and it's a new (kodi) installation the only explanation is you use dynamic content.

But this is only possible if you access the data via plugin options menu or the skin (other than default) is using nodes to the dynamic content.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I use Confluence (because wife cant find her way around newer ones)

so I have same skin on both kodi instances (to make it easier to troubleshoot)

But no, I have not done full reinstall of kodi just beta repo, and 2x e4k v one after the other as per above post

I have no clue what you mean in  your last line

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

this is what you mean ?

how it appears now, If I go like usual manage libraries/add libraries, I Lose all those Dynamic suffix

PS: I have no clue what this means, or if its good or not

image.thumb.png.5bfe48ae50668cab4887047eec2d0934.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I am pretending I know what I'm doing (am I fooling you?)

I have no new media to import, but tell me if my test scheme is sound.

I will removed my latest tv episode from windows monitored folder, and when Emby acknowledge and removes it from latest tv show

I will see how long kodi needs to do the same

Then I can re add that show and (again) compare emby reaction to kodi

Good plan ?

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic

Exactly. That's what I mean. Dynamic content is not synced, and ALL queries are redirected to the Emby server. This is much slower and Kodi is not aware of the content, cause NOT synced to Kodi.

e.g. if Kodi queries recently added Espisode, there will be none. Cause Kodi don't has no clue.

If the skin uses nodes (redirections) "to the plugin options libraries" (as on your screenshot), it can show your data from dynamic content but it's still not coming from Kodi DB.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Exactly. That's what I mean. Dynamic content is not synced, and ALL queries are redirected to the Emby server. This is much slower and Kodi is not aware of the content, cause NOT synced to Kodi.

e.g. if Kodi queries recently added Espisode, there will be none. Cause Kodi don't has no clue.

If the skin uses nodes (redirections) "to the plugin options libraries" (as on your screenshot), it can show your data from dynamic content but it's still not coming from Kodi DB.

Dynamic sound like a good thing; Judging from my Recently added Episodes not updating issue ( I usually dont see Dynamic in library, as I usually need to perform local databse reset then add all libraries back.

I'm making popcorn and wait for your video, maybe I will finally understand how its supposed to work

Then again, I'm also fine if it just work and I dont have a clue how 🤣

CharleyVarrick

Wife is used to Confluence skin and is able to use it without yelling for help every 5 mins

Personally, I'd rather use Rapier (looks 50 years ahead), but wife then goes on strike

Incidently, we both agree to despise Estuary default skin

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic

Dynamic is slow, I never use it.

Here are videos:

First is installation emby next gen till password. I cut it there, due password is in plaintext:

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
34 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

I am pretending I know what I'm doing (am I fooling you?)

I have no new media to import, but tell me if my test scheme is sound.

I will removed my latest tv episode from windows monitored folder, and when Emby acknowledge and removes it from latest tv show

I will see how long kodi needs to do the same

Then I can re add that show and (again) compare emby reaction to kodi

Good plan ?

I burned the popcorn, so I went ahead with this test

After removing the very latest tv episode from win monitored folder, Emby removed it from latest tv show about a minute later

3 mins later, Kodi briefly showed a little prompt that it updated something (whithout mentioning what)

At this point the missing episode is still displayed as latest recently added ( I would expect Kodi to stop displaying it)

I figure its not going to do anything else even if I let it run all day

I (gracefully) exit Kodi, then fire it up again the now missing episode is still displayed as latest

So I guess Dynamic is not the way to go, as you seem to imply

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Second video is (partial) syncing of Formula 1 content (this is technically a movie). At the end of the video you see in skin, there is only movie content available. Cause this is the only content Kodi is aware of (synced). Anyway, dynamic browsing is possible via plugin libraries. And you see it's very slow.

quickmic

And that's the reason why I'm so picky on that matter. They work completely different.

I need exact information, what content (recently added) you have problems with.

I'll also perform some tests with the skin you are using 😉

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Second video is (partial) syncing of Formula 1 content (this is technically a movie). At the end of the video you see in skin, there is only movie content available. Cause this is the only content Kodi is aware of (synced). Anyway, dynamic browsing is possible via plugin libraries. And you see it's very slow.

This video is exactly what I performed before (but not as fast😀 as you)

• Like 1

quickmic
17 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

I burned the popcorn, so I went ahead with this test

3 mins later, Kodi briefly showed a little prompt that it updated something (whithout mentioning what)

At this point the missing episode is still displayed as latest recently added ( I would expect Kodi to stop displaying it)

This should not happen. Please keep me updated, if this is still the case with 5.2.02 version.

CharleyVarrick
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Here I spotted 2 things you do differently than me

Sync emty shows and Multi episode label, you leave to default No, I usually set both to Yes. (dont ask me why, no clue)

( I dont think it matters in this context)

I noticed you selected Movies + Formula 1 to  add

I spotted formula 1 updated rather quickly, but movie scan was sloooooooooow ( I fast forwarded that part, my beard was growing faster)

CharleyVarrick
21 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

This video is exactly what I performed before (but not as fast😀 as you)

I noticed I quoted video #2 but you may have figured its my mistake, I was refering to the first

Meaning we start out the same

• Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Here I spotted 2 things you do differently than me

Sync emty shows and Multi episode label, you leave to default No, I usually set both to Yes. (dont ask me why, no clue)

( I dont think it matters in this context)

I noticed you selected Movies + Formula 1 to  add

I spotted formula 1 updated rather quickly, but movie scan was sloooooooooow ( I fast forwarded that part, my beard was growing faster)

Sync emty shows and Multi episode label

No difference for me, I have no empty content and Multi episode label also not in use. Actually, not sure what Multi episode actually does. Never used it, never had content and Multiparti (which I have) is a different thing.

I noticed you selected Movies + Formula 1 to  add.

No, I selected first movies and deselected again. hoping it's faster.

was sloooooooooow

Yes, this is the Boxset sync. There is room for improvement. Boxets are always that slow especially on first sync and if the Boxsets doesn't include synced content. Formula 1 has no boxsets. As mentioned Formula 1 content is technically movie content, that's why Boxsets sync was triggered.

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick

Thanks for the video

If I got this right, Dynamic is not good, its exceptionally  what I have at the moment, but not what I usually have.

I assume local db reset is in order (as usual) followed by adding libraries

In the process, I will lose dynamic tag and enjoy a quicker kodi that update new content

Please confirm I dont have this backward

CharleyVarrick
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I noticed you selected Movies + Formula 1 to  add.

No, I selected first movies and deselected again. hoping it's faster.

I missed the deselect part

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

Reason I'm a little mixed up right now is I saw in your video you had some libraries Dynamic, some not.

quickmic
1 minute ago, CharleyVarrick said:

If I got this right, Dynamic is not good, its exceptionally  what I have at the moment, but not what I usually have.

Dynamic is ok for small libraries. It's slow when it has lot's of content. btw, also on the todo list, cause it's shouldn't be that slow.

Dynamic content is not bad or good, it's different. As the data comes from the server, there cannot be any sync issues, cause there was no sync to Kodi DB.

But Kodi is not aware of dynamic content so you cannot simple use it from Kodi skin without skin modifications.

CharleyVarrick
16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This should not happen. Please keep me updated, if this is still the case with 5.2.02 version.

It might as I still have not performed either local db reset nor adding libraries

Again If I have this right, at this point, Kodi is a static snapshot of Emby, its up to date for now, but not for long