Amazon App Store - Emby Android App

herodes12

herodes12

Hello Everyone,

i bought a License (Emby Premiere-Lifetime) for controll the media my kids. Now i have a problem because they have a Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Tablet with amazon kids account (free time). Only Apps from Amazon store can be used. 

Why is the Emby Android App not in the Store? Jellyfin, Plex all Apps are on the Store but not Embay Android!

I need help! 

herodes12

Ohh this disappointing ! This howto is not working for me because the children could open oher Apps with GoToBox.  I installed Jellyfin Server (docker synology) an now at is working on Fire TV , Fire HD Tablet ,Ipad, Mac ... Perfect .

120 $ for ......?

A lot of people easily side load the Google play store. The web app is also a great option 

roaku

Ya, the kids profile no longer seems to accept any of the workarounds to enable access to non Amazon store apps.

I gave up and converted my kids' profile to a standard one with parental controls enabled.

I installed the Google Play store to get Emby on the Fire tablet.

This has worked out ok, but I'd prefer to install through the Amazon store and not rely on a workaround.

Who knows when Amazon will 'fix' something next?

Edited by roaku

• 2 years later...

Great news everyone. Emby for Android 3.3.29 is available in the Amazon App Store.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

• Thanks 1