After clean install, E4K login issue

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

As I said elsewhere upgrading from Kodi18 to 19 caused a few issue (not responding/sluggishness/Kodi not updating with new emby content.

I performed uninstall and clean install of kodi19

I had to search quite a bit for emby-next-gen zip, but eventually managed to find 5.2.02.

It is now installed but will not let me login in any shape or form.

After restarting Kodi I am prompted to select main server

The name up there is good, the same that emby dashboard display

When I click it, I get a sign in prompt with user tile with (again) correct user

Clicking this tile closes that window and immediately gives a: emby-next-gen-error check log for more info

I have also tried manual login, this is really odd, I type my user name, and type password (in plain text???), then hit Sign in and it does nothing

I also tried manually add server, type internal ip, port 8096 already there, click Connect, it still does nothing

I 'd rather post my kodi log in pm

EDIT: From Emby, I created a new user and was able to login in E4K using that new user

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

No need I found a workaround and managed to login but what a pain that was!

I must have spent 3 hrs trying to login.

In case someone experience the same issue, here's what did the trick:

From Emby dashboard user, I created  a new user with full privilege.

I logged out of Emby, and logged back in with newly created user.

I deleted original user, then renamed new user back to original user (that part optional)

E4Kodi then accepted the same credentials it was refusing before.

While the above managed to get me going, I just realize I lost all Favorites and all watched status, so consider the above a "if all else fails-use at your own risks"

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic
10 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

No need I found a workaround and managed to login but what a pain that was!

I must have spent 3 hrs trying to login.

In case someone experience the same issue, here's what did the trick:

From Emby dashboard user, I created  a new user with full privilege.

I logged out of Emby, and logged back in with newly created user.

I deleted original user, then renamed new user back to original user (that part optional)

E4Kodi then accepted the same credentials it was refusing before.

Do you have a kodi.log of the issues? Never had such problems this should be reviewed.

btw, you use the beta version. I changed a lots of thing in the login methods in beta. Stable shouldn't have any problems with logins.

(in plain text???)

yes, there was a API change in Kodi 19. I took a shortcut to keep it running for both (Kodi 18 and 19). Later I'll check how the new API supports password masking.

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick

Even though I managed to find a workaround, I am sending you the kodi log by PM with add details.

As for plain text password, I thought it was some weird coincidence I was having such a hard time + notice this.

Since you acknowledge it, I guess its OK, as wife and I are the sole users.

Once I was able to move on (after login issue), I have to say it was pretty impressive to see the speed at which libraries were added in emby4kodi.

This was my home office instance of Kodi, next weekend, I'll do the living room htpc instance;

wife uses that one a lot and her too mentioned lots of freezing/not responding,

basically everytime she used it in the last week she's been on k19/e4K next gen.  

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, you use the beta version. I changed a lots of thing in the login methods in beta. Stable shouldn't have any problems with logins.

Now that you mention that, it reminds me it was overly difficult to find emby-next-gen, I searched and searched and found it as a zip in one of your post buried in a 42 pages thread.

Shouldn't that be either here or there ?

"here"

image.png.34290f7e894199a97c2c7585af5ce38e.png

"there"

image.png.905d7a21af7739c7cc72a0c8d1db0151.png