Trailers in XBMC3C

pixelapex

pixelapex

Last couple weeks I was on a quest to find perfect software to handle my movie and music collection... I tried everything... After I saw MediaBrowser Server in action I was hooked... It is the solution! But... MediaBrowser Theater is miles away form meeting my needs... It needs at least some kind of music collection support.

Anyway... So far, XBMC front end looks very promising. I never used it before, so maybe I just missed something.

There some themes that don't really support mouse.. I figured out that "I" open Information screen. I really like Dark version of Arctic theme for ex... Does it support trailers? Not like collection of trailers, but like trailer for each movie.. The only theme that I saw with Trailer button is Titan port from MediaPortal, but it installs YouTube add-on and offers me to choose trailer... This button has nothing to do with MediaBrowser, right? I saw that MediaBrowser already contains links to just one trailer, that's enough for me... Is there a theme that uses that link? And how to get to it? 

im85288

No currently none of the skins use local trailers, it would be a useful addition though so will keep it in mind for a possible update. As for themes not supporting a mouse, most of them focus on usage with a remote control for a full HTPC experience.

pixelapex

No currently none of the skins use local trailers, it would be a useful addition though so will keep it in mind for a possible update. As for themes not supporting a mouse, most of them focus on usage with a remote control for a full HTPC experience.

im85288, thank you for your response... Just to make sure that we talk about the same thing... My trailers are not local... They are not on my HDD, they are links in MediaBrowser. But I'm sure that somebody will appreciate the support of local trailers. My goal is to have MediaBrowser as back end, and so far it does all I want and more! For front end XBMC looks most promising. But I don't want XBMC to be anything else... I don't want it to look for trailers, MediaBrowser already handled this: it found link or downloaded a trailer to local HDD, I want XBMB3C to show the link that MediaBrowser found. 53ed571a845cf_Trailer.png

Edited by pixelapex

im85288

im85288, thank you for your response... Just to make sure that we talk about the same thing... My trailers are not local... They are not on my HDD, they are links in MediaBrowser. But I'm sure that somebody will appreciate the support of local trailers. My goal is to have MediaBrowser as back end, and so far it does all I want and more! For front end XBMC looks most promising. But I don't want XBMC to be anything else... I don't want it to look for trailers, MediaBrowser already handled this: it found link or downloaded a trailer to local HDD, I want XBMB3C to show the link that MediaBrowser found. 53ed571a845cf_Trailer.png

Hi @@pixelapex,

Yes we are on the same wavelength here :) As for the remote..awesome..hope you ordered a Harmony  :)

pixelapex

Harmony is on wish list... Probably 650... HP MCE for now.

So right now XBMB3C doesn't support trailers or themes?

im85288

Well not trailers for the particular movie as you have stated (but you can view the trailers channel)...theme music is supported, theme videos is not and may never be due to the skinning framework in xbmc...

• 4 weeks later...