Adding Advanced Ratings to Emby

jaruba

jaruba

I recently released a service that adds ratings to Emby (and many other media center apps) by burning the ratings on posters directly. You can see some screenshots of how this looks here.

I also created an app to easily integrate the service with any Emby server in order to auto-download these posters for the entire movie / series library and for newly added items as well.

If you want to learn more, check out the RPDB website.

I'm giving away free Tier 1 API Keys for 2 months (they will expire on the 7th of May) for the first 300 people that DM me asking for one.

I am very interested to hear your opinions!

Edited by jaruba
  • Thanks 1

kikinjo

Top stuff !

@jaruba  Is naming for movies like this acceptable (dont see it in docs)   Movie-name.Year ?

Edited by kikinjo

jaruba

@kikinjo Do you mean folder naming such as "Avengers-Endgame.2019"? It isn't directly supported as a pattern, but support is very flexible, I just tried it with a folder named "Avengers-Endgame.2019" and it worked fine, it's possible that it may lead to some false positives, but you can fix matches in the RPDB Folders UI.

If you have issues with it, please tell me and I will add official support for this naming scheme also.

Edited by jaruba

kikinjo
2 hours ago, jaruba said:

@kikinjo Do you mean folder naming such as "Avengers-Endgame.2019"? It isn't directly supported as a pattern, but support is very flexible, I just tried it with a folder named "Avengers-Endgame.2019" and it worked fine, it's possible that it may lead to some false positives, but you can fix matches in the RPDB Folders UI.

If you have issues with it, please tell me and I will add official support for this naming scheme also.

Thank you, naming convention is like this : Avengers.Endgame.2019

jaruba

@kikinjo I think it will work fine, I checked the code and the fallback logic supports dots instead of spaces just fine. I really don't think you will have any issues with your chosen naming convention.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, R2oz said:

Can I edit all movie images by pressing a button?

Hi, what are you trying to accomplish?

jaruba

@Luke 

I have discussed it with him through DMs already, it seems that he has all his video and subtitle files in only one folder, so he cannot use the RPDB Folders app to populate his media folders with "poster.jpg".

I have yet to create a dedicated Emby plugin for this service (as I have focused more on adding new features to the API such as alternative poster options and custom poster choices based on image URL), would appreciate some pointers / guidance in order to get a plugin up and running faster if that's not too much of a bother.

BTW, your activity on this forum is highly impressive, I'm one of the lead devs at Stremio so I can understand the value of your effort. 😅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
jaruba

I created an Emby plugin: https://github.com/jaruba/RPDB-Emby-Plugin

It's very far from my best work as it's the first time using C#, but it works as expected and it's a starting point.

One issue I have is that my project does not need to make actual API calls, the posters and backdrops follow a URL pattern. And if the image is missing, it seems that Emby still adds it as an empty image. This isn't a problem for posters as RPDB has pretty much all posters, but I do not recommend using this plugin for backdrops for now..