Audiobooks: Recognize Chapters in Single File

negativzeroe

Try mousing over the seek while playing and see if that displays chapter names.

destari

Hovering over the seek bar lists chapters, but does not make it possible to readily seek to the beginning of a chapter.

On a 17 hour title the increments in seeking are +- 3 minutes minimum granularity.

Ok so that confirms they are imported. We can look at making some of the same features from video playback enabled there 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, destari said:

Hovering over the seek bar lists chapters, but does not make it possible to readily seek to the beginning of a chapter.

On a 17 hour title the increments in seeking are +- 3 minutes minimum granularity.

Not sure why you do not have a chapter tab like I showed previously.  What client are you playing in?

destari

If requests are still in order, a chapter list on the right side that's similar to track playlists would be handy. Just a scrollable list with timestamps or something.

Happy2Play

Only other test would be removing a book, scanning, then readding to see if you get the same results.

image.png.129f42cbf636eb6004121178333107a2.png

image.thumb.png.8b8d3fa11e67a42d4e5cfef9292f63a3.png

destari
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure why you do not have a chapter tab like I showed previously.  What client are you playing in?

Just using Chrome web on PC. I'll see if I get different behavior on other devices/apps.

Happy2Play
Just now, destari said:

Just using Chrome web on PC. I'll see if I get different behavior on other devices/apps.

Posts overlapped see above also.

destari

Moving to a different device and accessing via web now shows the Chapter tabs at the bottom of the window as Happy2Play is seeing them. Not sure why they are not showing up on my original device yet.

I still want to bump a request for a chapter list similar to the playlist UI with timestamps, rather than the video-ish UI seen now.

Regardless, thanks for the assistance.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you Luke and the team, this is fantastic progress for Audiobook support! I do see the Chapters in the web UI (Microsoft Edge on Windows 11) running server version 4.7.8.0. 

Though I must mention that I don't see this available in the clients I listen to audiobooks most commonly, that is Android (Emby v3.2.77) on a Google Pixel 5 and iOS (Emby v2.2.5) on an iPhone SE 2022. However, when I touch and seek forward or back, I do see within which chapter I'm seeking through. If this is the extent of chapter support in these two clients and is by design, it seems a significant shortcoming. I hope it will be further expanded. It's preferable to be able to skip to the exact start of a chapter.

Oddly, I do see Chapters on iPad (mini 4). It appears similar to the web UI. It would be great to have this on the phones.

I don't have a larger screened Android device with which to test whether the Chapters would show up there. I'm guessing if it were to be there on an Android tablet, then that means "Chapters" option appears (or doesn't appear) depending on the device's screen size. It wouldn't be ideal.

I also do agree with destari that the chapters UI could perhaps use a tweak to look like a playlist with timestamps instead of video-type style currently used.

I do thank you and appreciate the work regardless.

Edited by MSA24
clarification
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...