Password on Specific Movie

connectwisp

connectwisp

Hi,

I have created an Emby Server, but I have problem with Movies which has nudity or sex scene, The users are upset becasue of that, so Im looking for solution, For example, Can I set password on specific Movie?, or is there any plugin will catogrize the movies which has sex scenes?

Thank you Guys

SassyCass

I know it's not the easiest solution for loads of files, but if your users are set up with their own logon, you could restrict certain items from being viewable by assigning a tag and then restricting access to that tag only.

I used this to restirct access to certain films which are classed as extreme cinema. I assigned the tag extreme to the films in question, then under USERS, i select the users in question and under parental control, add the tag to the Restrict Items With Tags section, then select block items with these tags in the dropdown.

No good for blanket banning films, but does achieve the goal on a film by film basis

You could also restrict by Age Rating but that may be no good if the user is a family account as then they would be stuck with watching films like Frozen 🤣

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 18.42.22.png

Edited by SassyCass
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

Sorry no there currently is no way to assign a password/pin to restrict items access.

As mentioned your options are restrict by tag or parental rating on a per user basis.  You can adjust the item parental rating or apply a custom parental rating.

rbjtech

This is what the film rating is for but it's very high level ;)

As has been said above - you can restrict users to a certain rating and below, but these days there is Nudity and Sex in a PG12 - so it's only a guideline.

@SassyCass has the best per item solution - but this of course means a) you need to watch the film and if needed, add the tag - so far from ideal.

Emby provides a mechanism based on the global rating system and has a bonus way to restrict further but the user really is ultimately responsible for what they watch.

Capture.PNG

Edited by rbjtech